LiPo Battery Problems

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am sick of using lithium polymer batteries lately. After using a battery for one month, it discharges faster than before. Also, while recharging it, I need to stay close to it for safety reasons (overheat, overcharge, explosions: as recommended on many blogs). And finally, each time the voltage on one of the cells drops below a certain threshold, I throw away the battery (NimH charging is damaging the batteries).

Do you have any suggestion other than LiPo batteries? If no, what should I do to prevent all of these issues?

Best,

Nicolas

First..Relax. I've been using LiPo batteries for years and have never had the run of luck that it sounds like you have. With a modern charger you do not have to stand by while it's charging. And unless you are putting the LiPo through extreme temperatures or running them down to nothing each use then they should not be discharging faster after only a month. I am still using batteries in the Solo that came with it new. Nothing else packs the punch of LiPo that can sustain the kind of draw these machines put on them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40