Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

Lifting a DSLR - What would it take?

Discussion in 'X8+ Help' started by Ed Beck, Feb 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pyrate

nah we get that you still guys are a little odd
    but that is a good thing since most of us video guys are just plum bat sh*t crazy

Ed Beck likes this.
  2. wsalopek

Ed,

I definitely respect your desire to put a DSLR in the air...but I would say, after thinking about this a LOT myself, that something like an RX100, a Panasonic GM1/5 with maybe the PanLeica 15/1.7, or even better perhaps, the APS-C-based Ricoh GR, all will take pretty darn good pictures. Of course not as good as a D810, but wow, esp with the Ricoh GR, even small drones can easily lift it, and the image quality is really good...I like the image quality about as much, depending on the subject and lighting, etc, as my D600 and 24-85 VR

Depending on your audience and your display device, I think the GR could go a long long way to satisfying the need for D810-type quality, and with a WHOLE lot less $$/complexity flying in the air.

If a person would say the GoPro image quality is a 5 (on a scale of 1-10), and a D810 is a 10, I'd say the Ricoh GR is a 9.5.

Anyway, my 2 cents. :)

--

Bill

3. pyrate

there are a lot of smaller cameras competing easily with DSLRs
    a new trend in photography is using stills from 4K video
    Now days the key is being able to shoot raw. and many compacts do that, and 4K
    Not saying they are as pixel perfect as larger cameras, just saying the results are very good on some of the mirrorless size compacts

4. dorniiif

YouTube has a lift video - Must watch - Stock SOLO will lift up to 3 1/2 lbs easily.