LG G-Pad Wifi Incompatable?

W

Wahapainan

Out of the box I had issues with my LG G-Pad from T-Mobile keeping connected to my controller. Is anyone else having issues? The workaround was to put copper shielding between the tablet and the Controller which helps but I shouldn't have to do this. I tried another LG G-Pad, and the same issue. I had tried to get this fixed by 3DR support but was told it's the Wifi of the tablet. Copper tape solution... ugggg. Does anyone else have an issue such as this? Both tablet's I've tried have no issues on normal home Wifi. I first discovered this when I did the out of the box required firmware upgrade, the LG G-Pad would not do the upgrade, I had to use an iPad. Hoping Nvidia will come out with the Shield tablet 2 so I can try that.
Thanks,
Waha

Santiago (3drobotics)

Aug 5, 4:53 PM

Hey,

I was hoping the wifi wouldn't be at fault for the tablet; I'll make sure to look for these types of issues in the future, thanks for running the tests and kudos on figuring out the copper tape solution.

-santiago

I use an LG G pad on Verizon. But as with any tablet you need to tell it in settings not to automatically scan for better WiFi. I forget what it is called as I don't have it with me. But it has to do with the fact that the Solo WiFi is not on the internet, so the tablet is always looking for a better connection with internet. But you can turn that off.

Agreed. I'm using an LG G Pad on AT&T. I turn mobile data off and uncheck the "Smart Network Switch" box.
No issues with connection between LG G Pad and controller.

Yes, I had turned off mobile data, told it not to switch, been where there are no other wifi signals and still if the LG G-Pad is brought close to the controller the WiFi signal drops to nothing. I'm very technology savvy and explained this to the tech but they want to blame the LG G-Pad (both of them as I tried this with my wife's and had the same results). It's actually a dangerous condition as when the drop happens it will eventually reconnect and the Solo goes automatic RTH.

I'm using the LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition and have no issue with wifi.

anyone find a solution for this?

I just bought a LG G pad to use with my Solo (before I saw this article... sigh) and am having the same problem with it dropping to the wifi connection to Solo while it looks for an internet connection. I havent been able to find any setting that can shut this off.

any help?

ahhhhhh!!!

i think I found it.

Settings>Mobile Data> (three dot menu at the top of the page, above the OFF/ON switch for Mobile Data)>Mobile Networks>Connections Optimizer --- set to OFF (uncheck the checkbox)

under the description for "Connections Optimizer" is says... "Automatically search for the best mobile network"...
Turning this OFF seems to do the trick. At least here in my living room. Will try it in the field after lunch.

ahhhhhh!!!

i think I found it.

Settings>Mobile Data> (three dot menu at the top of the page, above the OFF/ON switch for Mobile Data)>Mobile Networks>Connections Optimizer --- set to OFF (uncheck the checkbox)

under the description for "Connections Optimizer" is says... "Automatically search for the best mobile network"...
Turning this OFF seems to do the trick. At least here in my living room. Will try it in the field after lunch.

Good tip! Disabling Mobile Data and Connections Optimizer seems to be working so far! (at least in my room :p)

I'll go for a flight soon as see if this continues to work! I also remember reading somewhere that someone fixed the issue by putting a piece of tape behind the tablet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40