Level calibration failed with gimbal

Reaction score
Hi,
Just got my gimbal , installed it the right way and everything is up to date.
When i turn the controller and solo on I get he green light from the gimbal but an error message from my controller and I need to do the level calibration.
But when it's supposed to be done it says level calibration failed every time.

Should I do the calibration without the gimbal ?

I hope my English is ok :)

Maybe someone now what the problem could be.
Thanks

Level calibration can take place with the gimbal.
Be sure don't move the Solo during the calibration.

But i have to move the solo while during the calibration I the direction the app says ?
If it continues to say level calibration failed is the some solution to that ?

Thx for your answer.

No, you make a mistake between:

Level Calibration: Solo don't move while it is level on the ground

and Compas calibration: you move according the appli.

What is the precise message asking calibration?

On the level calibration it says first to put the solo on level ground and I don't touch it during that , then I press continue and the app says to put it on the left, right side nose up and nose down.

With the compas calibration there's no problem, it tells me to point it to north and then i move it around.

Yes, that's correct!
You may leave the gimbal and camera in place and don't make Next too quick after changing position!

Ok thanks, I'll try it out.
But is there something else I should do if i keep getting the error message ? "Level calibration failed"

If continue failing contact 3DR support or your reseller.

But is there something else I should do if i keep getting the error message ? "Level calibration failed"
You need to follow the animation on the screen as closely as you can.

I can't do much other than lay it on the side it tells me to, before the gimbal this problem never occurred.
Can I remove the gimbal and do the calibration or does it need to be done with the gimbal on to use it ?

Hi Guasco. Try counting to 10 at each step before pushing the next button. Sometimes if you go too fast between each position, you can get the failure message. Good luck!

Hi Guasco. Try counting to 10 at each step before pushing the next button. Sometimes if you go too fast between each position, you can get the failure message. Good luck!

Hi, thanks for the tip.
Will get it another go, I never have this problem before the gimbal so I hope there's no problem with the gimbal since I just got it.

Are you sure you don't disconnet by mistake some wire or connector?
I say that because you told this problem came after mounting the gimbal ....

Are you sure you don't disconnet by mistake some wire or connector?
I say that because you told this problem came after mounting the gimbal ....

I thought of that to but i was very gentle when i mounted the gimbal the first time, but I'll check for any disconnects or broken wire or connectors.

If that doesn't work I'll contact 3dr to see what they say.

I can't do much other than lay it on the side it tells me to, before the gimbal this problem never occurred.
Can I remove the gimbal and do the calibration or does it need to be done with the gimbal on to use it ?
My bad- I was thinking of compass calibration. Leave the gimbal on.

Reactions: Guasco
Don't get any answers from 3dr about my problem.
Do you think i can try a factory reset to solv the problem ?

No, 3DR don't recommend to do this too much; wait for 3dr response.

Reactions: Guasco
It have a bad acceleration sensor. So I got a new solo so that should fix the problem. Strange that the sensor just got busted like that.

Thanks to everyone for the time and help

Turn the camera facing away from you during calibration so it will be a true calibration of left and right of the drone. Had same issue as you and that fixed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela