Leash mode

Reaction score
Fairly new to solo.... how do I adjust leash mode in follow me mode. Im Using note 3

Thanks, but I need to know how to make the leash smaller so it will start moving from a shorter distance. I tried moving the sticks with no response from the solo.

isn't that determined by where you start the shot?
warning of trying to run any follow me too close
many have crashed trying to do that

isn't that determined by where you start the shot?
warning of trying to run any follow me too close
many have crashed trying to do that
Thanks a lot for that info. I was standing about 10 ft from it when I activated it. It did nothing when I moved around, even walking behind it. And no stick response. It was the first smart shot I tried and I wasn't going to try another until I got this one right. "What distance do you recommend I start these smart shots."

watch the videos, if you want stick control during a smartshot you have to select free look
but then you have to constantly adjust it.
the follow is dependent on your device GPS, you should see a message saying something like looking for device gps.
until it locks on your device it will not follow you

Here is the video for follow, if you look at the other videos in that channel you will see the other smart shots
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3DR had hours of training and discussion videos on YouTube. They cover everything you could possibly want to know.

Everything but how to adjust the leash in follow mode with leash. I looked for hours and found a lot of other good info. And a bunch of videos of people flying in leash mode, but I don't want to see them fly, I want to know how the leash is used once set up correctly. Thanks for your comment but a link would be better since you're talking about YouTube videos.

Hello Guys, finally good weather & i put it back in the air a few times. I upgraded my phone too from a galaxy note 3 to the LG v20 & everything works GREAT. The follow problem is no longer a problem, leash mode is working great, & I don't have to readjust my performance settings every time i go out to fly!

Reactions: pyrate
Nice! It's a pretty cool mode. As with any follow mode, be cognizant of what's above you. It's easy to run under a tree branch or power lines without noticing it. Especially when you may be looking further ahead or at the solo, rather than what you are about to pass under. There's a video somewhere on here of a guy who's solo missed some power lines by literally an inch and he didn't even know it happened until playing the video back.

I'm too chicken for follow mode myself! All of the other modes I've tried worked perfectly!

Nice! It's a pretty cool mode. As with any follow mode, be cognizant of what's above you. It's easy to run under a tree branch or power lines without noticing it. Especially when you may be looking further ahead or at the solo, rather than what you are about to pass under. There's a video somewhere on here of a guy who's solo missed some power lines by literally an inch and he didn't even know it happened until playing the video back.

Hey, that was me! Now I am not proud to admit it but fortunately all turned out OK. The best thing now is, I am trying to be real diligent about being aware of my surroundings. Let's hope that all can be reminded to be AWARE after watching this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc