Just When I Thought It Was Safe To...

Reaction score
I have had few scary moments with Solo. With the help of members of this forum and 3DR, I had regained my confidence in Solo. After an incident tonight, I'm back thinking it's just a matter of time until l have a major crash or a fly away. I have updated app and firmware and checked and rechecked all the settings. I was out about 6 pm just doing some routine flying in a very wide open area. GPS sat count was 13 with HDOP at 1.4. First take-off and landing was fine. On the second take-off everything looked great. I was watching the video on my iPad and keeping an eye on the distance Solo was from me while moving forward. At 290 feet out, forward motion stopped even though I had the forward stick engaged. Then I saw the "Waiting for Solo" message at the bottom of the screen. i pressed the RTL button and Solo came right back and landed. The "waiting for solo" stayed on until I recycled Solo and the controller. Everything behaved normally for the remainder of the time. So, I have no idea what happened. Any ideas, folks?

Send the logs in. I haven't flown once since update. (Haven't had time)

Not sure. Sounds like it lost the controller signal, but at 290'? If so, it would not have initiated RTH when you hit the button.
It does automatically triggers RTH after several seconds of losing the signal.
As prowler says, submit a trouble ticket.
You could also email the logs to yourself as well and analyze them in Mission Planner.

For whatever reason the "waiting for Solo" message was somewhat common for me after losing connectivity.

I would take the opportunity to shoot them off the 3DR and see what they say. If nothing else it will help them build data for a future fix.

Report it now, in the event you do have something go bad wrong, you will have a history of occurrences.

To me it sounds like perhaps something in the controller crashed... causing you to momentarily lose connection, but not able to reset its message of waiting for solo.

Is there a way to easily Factory Reset and install the updates again?

Did you have any control at any point on the RTH flight, if not, you probably didn't initiate RTH, it did it on its own. How was the battery state of the Controller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986