Just got my Solo

Reaction score
Hi

After a long time I finaly got my Solo. I guess I am the only one with Solo on my Coutry ( I hop to find another one ). The Gimbal is in a waiting list so until than....

The first impression was OK, I really like, finishing, design and more.
I started making first flight due time.
What scares me are the comments and issues raised by other Solo owners.
I have seen many videos on Youtube Solo crashes and other problems (gimbal, satellites etc.)
I trust 3DR and hope not to be disappointed, because the price in Europe is very high compared to that of the USA (almost double with the gimbal)
I'm interested in technical support for Europe, will talk to EU dealer or directly to 3DR.

Some picture with my Solo:

IMG-20150911-WA0003[1].jpgIMG-20150911-WA0003[1].jpg IMG-20150921-WA0003[1].jpg IMG-20150921-WA0005[1].jpg

Congratulations! You're going to have great fun with your Solo.
I really wouldn't worry much about negative posts - the folks with issues are describing them, but the majority of owners report great results. Many of the issues Solo had on release are in fact already solved. The rest will be eventually.

Congratulations! You're going to have great fun with your Solo.
I really wouldn't worry much about negative posts - the folks with issues are describing them, but the majority of owners report great results. Many of the issues Solo had on release are in fact already solved. The rest will be eventually.
I agree and would add that there is a lot of good information here that will help you. Don't be afraid to ask questions. It is your best resource.

Reactions: Nazgul
Thank you.

I read the SOLO threads on this forum from some time and I learn some thing.
It is a useful forum.

Congrats Nazgul on finally getting your Solo. For what it is worth, here is my input. First, read the manual, and when you think you have read it, read it again. I am always referring back to it. Secondly, use this forum. The people on here are great, and are always willing to help. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Lastly, don't be afraid from reading the posts about some people having problems. Like Marich said, there are more success stories than problems. Just take it slow learning to fly, and you will do just fine. I wish you luck, and happy flying.

Thank you.

I read the SOLO threads on this forum from some time and I learn some thing.
It is a useful forum.

Honestly, as a Person waiting for My 3rd Solo to come on RMA from 3DR, If I were you and spent a large sum on it in europe, I feel youd be best served to lock it in a closet for about 2 months until more of the bugs are worked out. 3DR likely wont send you parts direct so they likely wont support it directly, people just over in Canada are reporting that they have to go thru the retailer for everything.

Its a very unfinished product at this point. If you plan to fly it regardless, at the very least get yourself 2 sets of Props on order.

Thanks Chuck and ChrisM101.

I fly until now mostly Naza and I own also an Vision 2+ from DJI.
Before fly I calibrate the compas always, it is a good thing to do also for Solo?
I read from manual if the Solo lost the sat's he goes to MANUAL fly mode.
In this mode Solo fly in stabilized mode or something like acro? So it maintsing flight level if I let go the sticks?
I hope i makd myself undertood.

Thanks

Thanks Chuck and ChrisM101.

I fly until now mostly Naza and I own also an Vision 2+ from DJI.
Before fly I calibrate the compas always, it is a good thing to do also for Solo?
I read from manual if the Solo lost the sat's he goes to MANUAL fly mode.
In this mode Solo fly in stabilized mode or something like acro? So it maintsing flight level if I let go the sticks?
I hope i makd myself undertood.

Thanks
With your experience on the equipment you have now, you should not have any trouble, since you already know how to fly manually without GPS. On the Solo, loss of GPS will put it in manual mode, but that mode is actually called Altitude Hold on other 3DR products. It is stabilized and will hold altitude with the barometer, but will drift with the wind if not flown.

Fly Safe..
Jubal

Reactions: Nazgul
I ask because I am not familiar with flight modes of 3DR. On DJI I have 3 modes : 1. Manual with out controller help.
2. ATTI stay on flight level with out Gps ( maintain altitude )
3. GPS with Gps control , stay on loiter etc.

Can someone explain to me the flying modes?
Thanks

With your experience on the equipment you have now, you should not have any trouble, since you already know how to fly manually without GPS. On the Solo, loss of GPS will put it in manual mode, but that mode is actually called Altitude Hold on other 3DR products. It is stabilized and will hold altitude with the barometer, but will drift with the wind if not flown.

Fly Safe..
Jubal
Thank you for explanations Jubal

I ask because I am not familiar with flight modes of 3DR. On DJI I have 3 modes : 1. Manual with out controller help.
2. ATTI stay on flight level with out Gps ( maintain altitude )
3. GPS with Gps control , stay on loiter etc.

Can someone explain to me the flying modes?
Thanks
The equivalent on Solo would be:

Fly mode= GPS/Loiter
Manual Mode= ATTI/altitude Hold (Left stick controls altitude)
Stabilize= Manual/ stabilized but you control altitude (left stick is more like a traditional throttle and controls motor RPM)
This is of course assuming you fly in mode 2 with throttle on left.

Yes I fly in Mode 2 .
Thanks, now I learned something .

Hi guys

Today I flew my Solo for first time and I was quat impressed. Here is a link with a video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have a question because I am not sure of that.
I flew my SOLO without any type of calibration ( just as it was out of the box) I do not have any message for calibrate something, he fly very good, I have 10 sats locked.
The question is: I must do a calibration now?

Regards

The gimbal has come.
I installed the gimbal verry carefully ( the HDMI and gimbal data cables is so rigid).
I have same test flight with gimbal and until now I am satisfied.
This is a clip:

Reactions: nacjr
Very nice and steady. I like your transition at 0:54. What software are you using for post?

Some shots with my Solo:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44