Just for fun

Great job, Maddog. This should help defuse the idea that we have the capability to zoom in on private property. That was a great idea, and you showed it well. Very nice job.

Great job, Maddog. This should help defuse the idea that we have the capability to zoom in on private property. That was a great idea, and you showed it well. Very nice job.
Thanks Chuck- that's what I was trying to demonstrate. I think I was panning a little too fast but I didn't have time to reshoot it.

Gopros on our Solos can't zoom yet, but there are others that can and more and more every day. It's what most people want on their UAV! Here's a 30x zoom on a drone that isn't a million dollar military drone and can see very detailed stuff from 1,000 feet away. It's over 1.5 years old now and this is focused more on law enforcement, but the technology for consumer drones is just around the corner, like always. Getting smaller and lighter and more functional all the time, just like everything else around us. Just wait 2 more years. It will be common. But we can't use our single gopro camera out of the many that exist as evidence that the technology doesn't exist to zoom in right on someone using a uav. It clearly does. Money is the only barrier right now. If you have it, you can get it.

This Drone Zoom Lens Can Identify Your Face From 1,000 Feet Away

Here's a 5x zoom camera on a newer consumer drone from 2016:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a 14x zoom from www.flying-glass.com

Boy, you're a real buzz kill Steve! lol We gotta keep this secret.. I really like that Mirage drone, but it doesn't have smart shots, etc. While watching the video, at the part where one guy comes up to the drone to demonstrate the avoidance sensors, the guy with the controller swings it by his side down low. I'm not sure if he was moving the drone and thus "faking" the avoidance maneuver, but it looked fishy.

Reactions: PdxSteve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso