Just bought a Solo and cannot get past pre-flight

Word of advice....do not do a factory reset again......I believe you panicked at the very beginning & went down that road.....
I will agree that a factory reset should not be an initial troubleshooting plan. And yes, the Manual says that you should contact 3DR CS to reset because you may fry your Solo. HOWEVER, I have found that the problem is NOT in the resetting, the problem is that some folks cannot accurately follow the written instructions to a "T" and therefore run into problems.

When I got my first Solo I promptly changed the password, then just as quickly... forgot it. Only one way around that - a factory reset. I didn't see what the problem was in doing a reset - but the manual put the fear of God into me. And so I waited over a weekend for 3DR chat to tell me to reset it to get the default password back - which I already knew. CS asked if I knew how to do it, to which I replied "yes" and went ahead and did it without further instruction from 3DR - except a blessing.

IF you can read and follow written instructions perfectly, there is no problem with factory resets. IF you are in doubt, you may want to wait for instructions and a blessing from the 3DR CS Gods.

If you brick your bird, don't come to me for help! :D :eek: :oops:

ETA: Factory Reset | 3D Robotics - Drone & UAV Technology

I am having the same issues. I returned one unit thinking it was a lemon. Still not connecting to the Solo, gimbal, or wifi. Can it be that I have ANOTHER lemon? I HAVE to be doing something wrong. Any idea? I got it to pair for a few seconds this morning. The agony!!!!

I am having the same issues. I returned one unit thinking it was a lemon. Still not connecting to the Solo, gimbal, or wifi. Can it be that I have ANOTHER lemon? I HAVE to be doing something wrong. Any idea? I got it to pair for a few seconds this morning. The agony!!!!

Do the online chat with 3DR tech support on Monday. They can probably get you going.

Do the online chat with 3DR tech support on Monday. They can probably get you going.
After reading a few threads and rebooting/re-pairing it over 10 times (no joke) I did get it to fly. Amazing little machine, Thank you!

One must followed the manual exactly.....it should have work on the first factory reset you did...

One must followed the manual exactly.....it should have work on the first factory reset you did...
Ludi actually said reboot (off/on), not reset. Pairing for some reason may take multiple tries according to the manual - though I'm not sure why. Resetting, done correctly, should be accomplished in one try - and with each reset, comes a SW download.

Unfortunately, I still cannot connect. I can connect to the sololink WiFi, but the app never connects to the controller to do the preflight update.

I just installed the app on my iPad Mini (I was using an Android tablet at first), downloaded the update, then tried to connect to the controller. Still fails.

This was an open box from Best Buy. I had some coupons and other discounts and got the combo with the gimbal, second battery and extra props for only $235. I may try to return it and buy a new, unopened Solo for $299 instead. Maybe this one was returned because there was something wrong with it. It has obviously never been flown. It still had the clear protective plastic on everything and the paper direction indicators on the motors.
Sales is done they are back to $799.00

Ludi actually said reboot (off/on), not reset. Pairing for some reason may take multiple tries according to the manual - though I'm not sure why. Resetting, done correctly, should be accomplished in one try - and with each reset, comes a SW download.
I finally got it to go. Loving it so far. My cousin bought the same one and is was basically plug and play out of the box, mine not so much. I did follow the manual, it connected once for a few minutes, then dead. But it's perfect now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela