It's official I'm getting my gimbal next week from Fry's Electronics the wait is almost over.

It was a known issue by 3DR they identified as "drunk gimbal". When powered up it would keep searching for level, but end up in a continuous loop of strange motions. Would never come to rest until power cycling Solo.
Wow I keep reading about this problem I hope I don't have this issue, what did you try to do to fix it before giving up?

Wow I keep reading about this problem I hope I don't have this issue, what did you try to do to fix it before giving up?
First recheck to see if all cables were in the correct positions, although tight they looked good. Next was to do a level calibration, no effect at all. I then connected with 3DR support over the phone and they suggested power-cycling - which did nothing to resolve the issue. Next was to try the stick calibration procedure – still same issue. 3DR at that point issued RMA and I'm still waiting for a resolution.

First recheck to see if all cables were in the correct positions, although tight they looked good. Next was to do a level calibration, no effect at all. I then connected with 3DR support over the phone and they suggested power-cycling - which did nothing to resolve the issue. Next was to try the stick calibration procedure – still same issue. 3DR at that point issued RMA and I'm still waiting for a resolution.
This is more and more starting to seem like a common problem in the camera gimbal, the quality of the device is starting to be put in question.

Last edited:
View media item 89
well, if you're in Tempe Arizona, Fry's says there are gimbals...

i ordered a feiyu tech mini just in case. got a wedding 9/24 and they absolutely expect smooth footage.

Got a call from customer service from Fry's Electronics this morning they said I should be getting my gimbal next Wednesday or Thursday maybe sooner they've been informed of a shipment on the way to the store I knew it was only a matter of time since a couple days ago a Fry's store in Arizona posted they had some for the first time ever. I just hope for the best and hope that the wait was well worth it if not its going back in a heart beat, especially because I've been reading about all these people having gimbal problems but then again I've have seen others post some pretty amazing footage.
when exactly did you place that order?

noticing that Fry's is tiering their order/ship dates. as in "order by this period of days, your order will ship this time"

just called about my order (placed 9/4).

they noted first shipment of four (4) gimbals came in yesterday 9/15 from an order placed originally in May.

orders subsequently placed in June, July, etc haven't arrived yet. orders were in small quantities (four, four, eight, etc).

guess it pays to pre-order early...not sure when it'll get to my order.

just called about my order (placed 9/4).

they noted first shipment of four (4) gimbals came in yesterday 9/15 from an order placed originally in May.

orders subsequently placed in June, July, etc haven't arrived yet. orders were in small quantities (four, four, eight, etc).

guess it pays to pre-order early...not sure when it'll get to my order.
Which frys electronics store are you referring to?

Which frys electronics store are you referring to?

i called the # they give you when you ordered. not sure which dispatch it went to, but that was what they told me regarding the status of my order (I live in California).

with so little stock to begin with, i am pretty sure mine won't be arriving in Sept.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea