Is this gimbal twitching normal if 4.4mm lens used ?

SPP

Reaction score
Guys,

Wind was at best 10-15 knots.
Speed setting was middle between SNAIL and RABBIT, if that matters :)

Enviromental condition and speed setting indicated at last part of video too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Differences :

01. I might have also data cable of gimbal touching the circular weight of the gimbal top. That stainless steel round thingy.
gimbal data cable may touch this part.JPG

02. Does speed setting matters ? In SNAIL mode the drone fly very slow and I assume it shall be better for video....yes ?

03. Lens is 4.4mm so more magnification than standard GoPro ultra wide angle lens.
More magnification means more shake visible.

04. I honestly don't know how good a 3DR Solo gimbal should be in terms of stability vs drone movement in the wind while hoovering with GPS assist. This is my very first test doing fix position hoovering and with 4,4mm lens. For handheld gimbals, I tried a few and latest is Feiyu G4 and GoPro Karma, sudden twitching of my hand can not be compensated by the gimbal 100%...that I know. I was thinking that due to the drone itself fighting againts the wind, it has to keep twitching and civilian GPS accuracy is not centimeter class, hence the drone itself need to keep adjusting its position equal to the accuracy drift...again kinda twitching due to throttle input.

What else do I need to test to verify or calibrate to make sure my gimbal is already at peak performance ?

Thanks...

Slower speeds are generally better. Fighting the wind especially close to the ground with gusts creates more unwanted movement. Yes, longer focal length lens show those movements more.

You can drift or fly with the wind to reduce jitters when the shot allows. Frame area of interest and fly slowly backwards or sideways with (instead of into) the wind for example.

I would say it's solo dancing about as the GPS lock will only be to within a few hundred mm so perhaps due to this she does not think she is moving at all.

up and down left to right.

If you look the gimbal is stabilising where it can.

I have a 5.4mm lenses also and that does show all vibrations however small but only while flying.

Yours is dancing about.

Cool break down though.

Thanks guys.

I will test again with new gimbal, afterall this gimbal HDMI connection has issue.
Hopefully this time very low wind under 5 knots, as to remove the potential wind generated twitch.

Speatuk,
My gimbal while flying also shows minor shake/twitching but since it is a moving scene, its not easy to spot unless we look for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44