Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

Is 3DR X8 a Good Buy...

Discussion in 'X8+ Discussion' started by vmaniqui, Apr 16, 2017.

1. vmaniqui

just to rephrase - to anyone who has flown an X8. is this a good copter to buy or not ? what are the pros and cons? thanks

#1 vmaniqui, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. vmaniqui

anyone ? just wanted to check if it's ok for me to get it as my neighbor is selling one? pros ? con? thanks..

3. andrew.baker.142

I have the 3DR DIY Quad. It is the exact same airframe as the X8 minus 4 motors.
    It is a good platform, if not a bit heavy. The X8 has great power, and with 8 motors it has some redundancy.
    You never mentioned the price your neighbor was asking. Does it come with radio and batteries/charger? This thing is a power hog. Expect <20 min flight with a 10Ah 4S battery.

4. pyrate

Sorry I missed this
    I bought a used X8 refurb
    They are beasts, and great for mappers. Depending on the deal you get and what you want to use it for
    Mine crashed due to a bad pixhawk, but like I said I bought it knowing the risk for a ridiculously low price

The distributor I got it from made it right and send me a replacement pixhawk at a good price.
    But I ended up getting the build bug and started moving the parts off my X8 to a tarot frame
    At this point there is not much left of the original X8
    My build is on this page

5. pyrate

What is your intended use?

6. vmaniqui

i am into photography and video. My friend is selling his brand new x8 for 300 with extra batteries, extra parts, gimbal, extra propellers ( carbon fiber) a controller and a Gpc hard case. He used to work for 3D robotics.thanks,

7. pyrate

that is a pretty good deal, they are tanks for sure

8. vmaniqui

Thanks a lot for the advices guys. I will jump on it and buy his x8. Will keep you all posted.oh by the way he also got spares arms with motor pods. Maybe I can ask him to include them.