Iris vs Solo

I love my Iris+ for what it is: all the pixhawk parts that don't require custom batteries and other custom functionality to replace things. If I don't want to buy the 4 in 1 ESC I can just buy 4 ESCs. If I want to throw everything on another frame I can do that, too. If you just want to go fly and not bother with that or if you're not interesting in hacking it, get a Solo. Both are great products.

I'm at the moment tossing up between Walker Tali 500 Hexacopter and the Solo.....hmmmm

I love my Iris+ for what it is: all the pixhawk parts that don't require custom batteries and other custom functionality to replace things. If I don't want to buy the 4 in 1 ESC I can just buy 4 ESCs. If I want to throw everything on another frame I can do that, too. If you just want to go fly and not bother with that or if you're not interesting in hacking it, get a Solo. Both are great products.

Has anyone had experience with the Walera Tali 500 Hexacopter?....
It looks like an interesting package??
DA

Has anyone had experience with the Walera Tali 500 Hexacopter?....
It looks like an interesting package??
DA
From their website it sounds like the camera is limited to 1080P. It also showed a picture with a GoPro mounted, but they seemed to avoid any mention of FPV with GoPro. No mention of start / stop recording on a GoPro.

From their website it sounds like the camera is limited to 1080P. It also showed a picture with a GoPro mounted, but they seemed to avoid any mention of FPV with GoPro. No mention of start / stop recording on a GoPro.

Yes that's my understanding to.
The appeal of a hexacopter is it won't drop out of the sky if you loose one motor.
Kind of an "insurance" against your investment...Control unit with monitor is good also fly time...so many choices...????
But at this stage can't find one that ticks all the boxes...

I own 2 iris+, This one is my daily flyer and the other just to have. I did a PixHawk build on a cheap Alien 450 frame and now working on another build using Quanum Venture FPV frame/pixhawk. Also have a Walkera R250...which I hate (long story)...but I have no interest in Solo. Iris.jpg

I own 2 iris+, This one is my daily flyer and the other just to have. I did a PixHawk build on a cheap Alien 450 frame and now working on another build using Quanum Venture FPV frame/pixhawk. Also have a Walkera R250...which I hate (long story)...but I have no interest in Solo. View attachment 1374
I have 2 Arducopter controllers but haven't had any luck getting the different compass modules to respond.
So I bought an Iris+ to use as a benchmark against the others. (Probably Arducopter clones...)
Could I correspond with you regarding troubleshooting them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela