If Wind is a problem Flying, Then check here first.

I see a lot of solo test videos on the beach, surfing, etc. And it seems to have very good performance in high winds. How can we know what kind of winds are as dangerous to fly?

My Neighbor has a p2, he saw me flying solo in the wind last night and came over. When he held it in his hands I think he was a little surprised at the build

It's always windy here on Padre Island, so i check when "time" the least amount of wind blowing. to take video.

Wind, waves & weather forecast, Very accurate. All location! It's a "Diamond in the ruff" !

http://www.windfinder.com/
Padre Island....my old stomping grounds. Grew up there as a kid. Nothing but beach and a few trailer parks back then...

Not for Sure Del?
But i can testify it's with GPS, It's stood it's space in 20 to 35 Mph Gust yesterday. Today landed 3" from were it took off from. I think that last update helped with GPS.

Reactions: Del
The solo does handle winds better then the Phantom. Ive seen this first hand. The Solo weighs significantly more and now with a gimbal and the heavier GoPro4 black Im actually amazed at its weight. This isnt a light UAV...One reason I believe motor pod improvements are planned will be to hold against stronger winds while carrying future accessories AND the gimbal. But weight can increase stability in wind. Solo selling itself against larger film worthy UAV's absolutely needs to handle small winds.

One important thing Ive been told is that pivoting in high winds will crash a phantom and it makes sense that the computation keeping each rotor spinning to resist winds gets complicated when any UAV is rotating.

The least amount of winds are usually found here where I live in New Mexico during the "magic hour" anyways...so I usually find myself waiting till evenings to fly. Its cool, the lighting is ideal and winds are generally calm.

Lasty I did notice a bit more jitter in winds after the last major update in connection with the gimbal. I noticed this before adding my gimbal but it appeared to wobble. Im not too sure though.

The solo does handle winds better then the Phantom. Ive seen this first hand. The Solo weighs significantly more and now with a gimbal and the heavier GoPro4 black Im actually amazed at its weight. This isnt a light UAV...One reason I believe motor pod improvements are planned will be to hold against stronger winds while carrying future accessories AND the gimbal. But weight can increase stability in wind. Solo selling itself against larger film worthy UAV's absolutely needs to handle small winds.

One important thing Ive been told is that pivoting in high winds will crash a phantom and it makes sense that the computation keeping each rotor spinning to resist winds gets complicated when any UAV is rotating.

The least amount of winds are usually found here where I live in New Mexico during the "magic hour" anyways...so I usually find myself waiting till evenings to fly. Its cool, the lighting is ideal and winds are generally calm.

Lasty I did notice a bit more jitter in winds after the last major update in connection with the gimbal. I noticed this before adding my gimbal but it appeared to wobble. Im not too sure though.
Constant winds here! hate it! Solo does great it GPS mode holding it's position in space. But as it is now, the wind make for ugly video.
Really hoping that this Magic Gimbal will relive or completely eliminate the Jiggers from my video while it's windy?
Have you flown in windy conditions? how was video?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc