Iced Over Heart Lake, Anacortes, WA

Reaction score
Solo: Don't Leave Home Without It.

That has been my mantra lately, and I'm glad I've stuck with it. Came across a great scene over the weekend.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very COOL video. I wonder how thick the ice really is, (I know..Thick Enough).

Jubalr, There are a half dozen small lakes within as many miles on Whidbey and Fidalgo Islands. The cold snap the nation experience past couple weeks left them all frozen, some certainly more than others.

There was some sketchy amateur ice activity on one or two of the lower, bigger and more popular lakes.

Speaking to some guys playing hockey later in the day at Heart Lake, which is a bit smaller, lesser known, and higher in elevation, said there was a good 6-8" out there. They appeared super confident about what they were doing.

Reactions: J.Carlos.D.
Beautiful. My favorite shot is right at the 1:00 mark.

Are you using the PeauPro lense or just cropping significantly?

What are your other settings at?

Reactions: J.Carlos.D.
Beautiful. My favorite shot is right at the 1:00 mark.

Many thanks, SpartaHawk. 1:00 is indeed a cool shot - those where the ice looks extra glassy, and reflections of the sky and trees are catching up with and overtaking the toboggan are my favorite from this project.

Peau 3.97. Protune with recommended settings from the stickies here in this forum, evcomp was maybe adjusted for the lower light. ND4 for the ice, Polarized filter for the scenery which was shot a little later, and sun was pretty harsh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela