Howdy from the Texas Hill Country!

Reaction score
Howdy y'all! Glad to be here. I've had my Solo for about 2 weeks now; and am having a blast. Posted a few videos on Vimeo (Seale Adams) for grins. More to come once the new gimbal comes in. Only had one big crash so far, which bent the gimbal and broke a prop. Figure I got off "light" on that one ;-)

Reactions: Beardflyer
Howdy y'all! Glad to be here. I've had my Solo for about 2 weeks now; and am having a blast. Posted a few videos on Vimeo (Seale Adams) for grins. More to come once the new gimbal comes in. Only had one big crash so far, which bent the gimbal and broke a prop. Figure I got off "light" on that one ;-)
Welcome. All my ex's live in Texas... really!

So... where is the video of the crash? :D

Good question ;-)

I'll post that up in a bit...

Blink and you'll miss it... :oops:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I get nightmares from taking off & something like that happens.
It seems your launch was in a nice wide open area, But what i do every time i launch, I climb immediately above all visible objects: Trees, Poles, buildings.... +or- 70 Ft. within 150 ft. circumference.
Then i wait to see if she ok.
Maybe a needless habit?

I get nightmares from taking off & something like that happens.
It seems your launch was in a nice wide open area, But what i do every time i launch, I climb immediately above all visible objects: Trees, Poles, buildings.... +or- 70 Ft. within 150 ft. circumference.
Then i wait to see if she ok.
Maybe a needless habit?
Shouldn't have any issues if you get in the habit of take-off/landing in manual mode. For the new owners (not you Steve), that does not mean the same as taking off manually by arming Solo in Fly mode and raising the throttle yourself to take off. It means arming Solo and then pressing the A or B button assigned to Manual Mode and then raising the throttle to take off without GPS. Then when all is stable at 10-15', put in Fly mode if needed. My opinion, YMMV.

Reactions: SARDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc