How Many Solos Do You Have ?

I had six Solos, but gave two away to family. Also have one Hubsan H501S and one Phantom 4.

if i have known about the BB deal, i would do the same. i also have a Hubsan 501S advanced. my first drone. but in all honesty, i have not flown any of my 3 Solos. 3 are all in their boxes still. weather here in NorCal is not cooperating. that's ok at least I can concentrate on my GPC case conversion.

My wife bought me my first for a birthday about 6 months ago (think she paid $399 for a bundle with the gimbal and extra battery). I bought a backpack for $69 and extra batteries when they were all on sale. That is a rev A GPS.

Bought a second about a month ago, preinstalled gimbal with the backpack and extra gimbal, for $299. That is a rev B GPS. I updated software, flew it to check that it was good, and stuck it back in the box for spares. Been flying my rev A with 0 problems, +2000 feet in the canyon near my house with no upgrades except the GPS shield. Ordered the new GPS from mRobotics and will install that in the rev A one. Looking forward to that upgrade based on feedback!

Two Solos, Four Gimbals. BB deal this past week was sweet. 2nd Solo NIB, two NIB gimbals, one open box gimbal.

i got the BB deal also and they sent me an open box gimbal. do they always send open box unit ? the price at BB went up this sunday to $499. almost all the BB stores in my area are out of the Solo.

I purchased two non-open box gimbals from BB online (paid a little more, like $47 ea). The store I bought my 2nd Solo from only had Open Box gimbals. Someone on here stated the BB would send him his gimbal from online since that particular store didn't have any in stock. Perhaps that'll be a sealed box. I'm going to see if BB will trade out my Open Box unit they gave me free, let me keep the Sealed box in lieu of the open box, and refund my $47 for one of the sealed unit. The open box version was missing the sunshield, not that big of a deal (I only have one GP). We'll see when my units arrive.

just curious, since the SOLO has become so desirable and affordable (maybe became so desirable because it's affordable) how many did you guys buy (as a backup or to stack up) and reason why you bought multiple times. the reason i asked is because i'm at my third one and i have yet to fly my first solo. btw, i do have a hubsan x4 H501S. when i put them side by side my hubsan looks so tiny.
thanks - vic
I own two that fly, the second being a 249.99 deal at BB that included a gimble and extra battery. I also have 1 that has the magnetic interference error and currently does not fly.

Solo #2 is up in the air now, bought as defective but i think it was just a firmware mismatch between PH and im6, so i got 2 gimbals, 2 batteries, 2 Mikrotik wifi cards, Rev.B GPS and a M8N GPS with the bird for 250 Euros.

time to train some acro ....

Rookies!
f2c379e956e72aeb5a0e3d1e08c061e8.jpg

I only have one at the moment and a few spare parts(legs, props, and controller). At these prices though I might consider buying another one at some point. They still seem to be readily available from a few sellers. Prices good, Drone good. :)

I'm pretty happy with numbers. I own a few non-solo games which I have recently been Math trading for solo games (or money to buy solo games). I have a pretty good idea of preferences so lots of games have been tumbling down my wants list in the past few months.
web design

I have three Solo's (each with Gimbal & GoPro H4B) ; I am working to develop an extended Solo (XL) with same IMX6, same controller, Pixhawk 2 and The Cube...,
should be flying soon...
So, more than happy with 3DR stuff

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I only have one at the moment and a few spare parts(legs, props, and controller). At these prices though I might consider buying another one at some point. They still seem to be readily available from a few sellers. Prices good, Drone good. :)
Now the number is 2! Just for a backup of course. ;)

I bought a second to play with the cube. My prime bird with t-motors has been sitting for months. My prime bird has been eclipsed by my green cube open solo. I am going to eventually put a cube and here on my back up solo too.
But yeah one stays put away for that eventual water plunge that is eventually going to happen since most of the time I fly is over water

I bought a second to play with the cube. My prime bird with t-motors has been sitting for months. My prime bird has been eclipsed by my green cube open solo. I am going to eventually put a cube and here on my back up solo too.
But yeah one stays put away for that eventual water plunge that is eventually going to happen since most of the time I fly is over water

When my 2nd came I just open the shipping box to see if the Solo box was sealed. It was. I haven't flown over a puddle yet! I don't trust my piloting skills. But I'm sure I'll get there. I'm still learning to trust the screen and not always look to see where it is in the sky - LOS.

I'll probably get the 'cube' at some point to try out because I like to fiddle with the hardware and software. I've already upgraded the GPS with the mRo and it acquires satellite locks very quickly now, up to 15-17 in some cases. I also upgraded the internal HDMI cable from the gimbal to the main PCB with the flexible ribbon cable. My videos have been rock solid.

Oh, I also got a 2nd Shield K1, since I dropped my 1st on a concrete floor. No tablet is made well enough for a 3' drop on concrete. They seem to be very good in sunlight.

I'll be off work next week, so hope to get out to a few new places and drone. Everything close to the house is NFZ. Real bummer. My son will be home from college and he has a Phantom 3P, so we like to go droning together.

Last edited:
How many? Two in use. Three backups. One shell with electronics and motors. 11 new batteries unopened. Lots of extra parts. Four new unopened gimbals. Two installed gimbals. One gimbal on the way that was parted out of a bundle. I can fly for a while.....

How many? Two in use. Three backups. One shell with electronics and motors. 11 new batteries unopened. Lots of extra parts. Four new unopened gimbals. Two installed gimbals. One gimbal on the way that was parted out of a bundle. I can fly for a while.....
Wow!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela