How do you store or carry your Solo

Jon

Reaction score
Just as the title states. How do you guys and girls store your solo and carry it out the house. Just curious as to what other people are doing for storing and carrying around town and what not. Pictures would help. Looking to get me a case, the back pack just seems to soft for me.

Fly Safe!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I have carried mine to two different cities on a plane, and numerous other places in the original box(es). Just saw the unboxing of the backpack, and I think it woill work for me just fine both as an actual baclpack and a general bag.

Seahorse case with two layers of pluck foam. Similar to what this guy did.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: sixracer
I was thinking about making my own as well, the backpack is way overpriced. But the backback seems very functional so I will likely buy it, no need to re-invent the wheel. Adam Savage owns a DJI Inspire and he made a really cool case for his
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

lower part of the shipping material fit perfectly inside a case I had at the house.

Could you please give me the dimensions of the foam insert? I want to find out if I can get the foam out of the case and use it inside a Backpack and use the hard case for something else.

thank You

Got the case from Go Professional Cases. Fits like a glove.

View media item 51

Could you please give me the dimensions of the foam insert? I want to find out if I can get the foam out of the case and use it inside a Backpack and use the hard case for something else.

thank You

Dimensions are roughly 18 7/8 by 14 3/8. This case is made by Skb and you can by replacement foam here.

http://store.skbcases.com/3i-1914n-8b-c-foam/

I asked GPC not to glue my foam so I could use the case for other things. I velcroed mine instead. I think it is a great idea to use their foam in a backpack. Let me know if you find something that works.

great, thank you for the dimensions, I will look at some backpacks.

Dimensions are roughly 18 7/8 by 14 3/8. This case is made by Skb and you can by replacement foam here.

I asked GPC not to glue my foam so I could use the case for other things. I velcroed mine instead. I think it is a great idea to use their foam in a backpack. Let me know if you find something that works.

would it be too much to ask how deep the foam is? that measurement is also important to make sure it fits in a backpack.

Thank You

GPC web site says the Depth is 8", just checked it out.

would it be too much to ask how deep the foam is? that measurement is also important to make sure it fits in a backpack.

Thank You

One of the reasons why I got the solo was to take it out with me while I go mountain biking and after trying out the 3dr backpack I think it was a little too big and cumbersome. So I took a look at my camelbak mule nv which I always take with me and turns out it works perfectly.

Contents:
• 2 batteries (one on solo)
• controller with the foam protector that shipped with the original box (to protect the sticks when I dare to try follow me mode)
• 4 props inside main pocket
• controller inside main pocket

At 11.3 lbs. (without water) I think this is the smallest footprint you can get and the solo is pretty secure on the back thanks to the straps on the outside. When the gimbal is finally released I'll give it a go on the trails!

Attachments

• front solo camelbak.jpg
    front solo camelbak.jpg
    920.9 KB · Views: 22
  • side solo camelbak.jpg
    side solo camelbak.jpg
    878.6 KB · Views: 18

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members