How do you link Smart Shots together seamlessly?

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm new to Solo and am trying to understand how to link Smart Shots together, e.g., How to go from Orbit to Selfie and Vice-Versa seamlessly...or any of the Smart modes into an awaiting Smart Shot that's already setup.

Thanks
JS

There is no means to do any such thing. Would be cool. But it doesn't do that.

How to go from Orbit to Selfie and Vice-Versa seamlessly.
You can program a MPCC to do what you are requesting. You just need to learn how to set up the various points to accomplish. There are some video demonstrating MPCC on YT and here, search is your friend.

There is no means to do any such thing. Would be cool. But it doesn't do that.
There's gotta be some way (at least I hope)...are all of these beautiful videos I see the result of expert manual flying and camera control, or a way that others have learned how to make Smart Shots appear to do what I'm asking about?

It might help if you can point to a specific shot as an example if you can find one, and we could help explain how to replicate it.

are all of these beautiful videos
Show an example of what you're describing. (@Dan_Solo beat me to it...)

Here's one that was supposedly taken in one shot and being flown manually.....either way and by what ever means, it is pretty good. Could Solo do this, absolutely.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: xfile123
My guess is that video was multiple shots digitally merged to look seamless.

My guess is that video was multiple shots digitally merged to look seamless.
Nope.. there was a story about it when it came out. 1 shot with an Inspire I believe and 2 operators.

You can program a MPCC to do what you are requesting. You just need to learn how to set up the various points to accomplish. There are some video demonstrating MPCC on YT and here, search is your friend.

After I finally :confused: figured out what MPCC was, that's what i had envisioned would be my solution,
Except, how to get a perfect orbit with a MPCC shot.

So, if i can describe:

• Setup a selfie type shot with your 1st 2 points
  • At the hightpoint, or backend of the selfie, go into an orbit
  • When orbit complete, do a Reveal of original Point of Interest's background...e.g., bigger selfie
  • Do 180 degree pivot to reveal view in front of original POI
  • Orbit area in front of POI
  • Etc...etc
It seems like there's footage of what appears to be 'buttery smooth' video (Props to the DroneU guys for the term), I'm just trying to figure out how to do it.

Have a play with the tower app, its like piecing together your shot list jigsaw puzzle

Have a play with the tower app, its like piecing together your shot list jigsaw puzzle

The yaw and gimbal pitch transitions in Tower are not very cinematic. Tower is great for flying autonomous missions like survey work but not so good for smooth video with transitions in camera orientation.

use spline waypoints for movement and not the default rigid waypoint, very smooth, yes the gimbal transactions can be abrupt but you can edit the shot, suggest you give it a try, you can pre program your flight and pull off some very complex shots without trying to use cable cam/half your battery

use spline waypoints for movement and not the default rigid waypoint, very smooth, yes the gimbal transactions can be abrupt but you can edit the shot, suggest you give it a try, you can pre program your flight and pull off some very complex shots without trying to use cable cam/half your battery

I used Tower and MP extensively before purchasing a Solo and the stitched together footage was nice at times. MPCC and the smooth pitch and yaw transitions is what sets the Solo apart from all other drones. Most of the time I am willing to trade battery time for that ability as well as being able to much more precisely frame shots. It also helps that I carry 6 batteries and a 4 battery charger.

If your flying high and doing wide shots Tower is great; but not so much for close in precision filming.

It would be neat if the Smart Shots could be stitched directly.

Reactions: RichWest
This discussion is really helping...the more I hear, the more I'm learning.
You all have given me ideas to explore, but I think the takeaway is that, matter what, I need to be able to fly more precisely.
Thanks folks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc