How do I stream the video??

Reaction score
Hello people,

I just got my solo and just love the thing. I did have an issue straight out of the box but I called tech support and was flying in a few minutes.

My issue now is I can't seem to stream the video from my gopro hero 4 silver to my phone (Galaxy s5) while flying. Do I need a cord from the HDMI port on the back on my controller to my phone or is it wireless feed?

Any feedback will help. If I don't get an answer I will call tech support again and post the answer so if someone else is having this issue they can find the answer here.

Thanks in advance!

Check your settings on the GoPro. Make sure the camera is set to NTSC and not PAL. WiFi on the camera off. Reboot your tablet. Set the camera to a lower setting like 1080P.
There are several things to check. No need for a cord from the controller. Are you using the gimbal?

Thanks, I will try all of those and post back to let you know. And no to the gimbal. I was actually a little annoyed when I found out you have to pay an extra 500$ after you already spent 1300$ on the solo unit. When you can buy the Phantom 3 with everything for under 2k. But that being said the solo in really fun! Lol

Thanks, I will try all of those and post back to let you know. And no to the gimbal. I was actually a little annoyed when I found out you have to pay an extra 500$ after you already spent 1300$ on the solo unit. When you can buy the Phantom 3 with everything for under 2k. But that being said the solo in really fun! Lol
Yes, but you're not getting a Solo and everything that comes with it.....like support!

No I didn't. I've checked all my go pro settings and everything is set at what it should be. Is there a video tutorial I can watch?
Thanks

No I didn't. I've checked all my go pro settings and everything is set at what it should be. Is there a video tutorial I can watch?
Thanks
I'm thinking about where to point you- in the meantime you have the Solo app installed on your phone and can connect to Solo wifi, correct?

I'm thinking about where to point you- in the meantime you have the Solo app installed on your phone and can connect to Solo wifi, correct?

Yeah I don't have much of an issue connecting to the solo WiFi. Sometimes it can be a pain but I get it eventually. When I get home tonight I'm going to sit down with it again to see if I can get the go pro to stream.

Thanks for all the help and I'll keep this post updated so of anyone else is having this issue they can use this as a reference.

Did you watch the videos on 3DR? How about YouTube?
Searching this forum for similar problems will bring up several threads.
Might have to contact tech support to get it fixed.o_O

Did you watch the videos on 3DR? How about YouTube?
Searching this forum for similar problems will bring up several threads.
Might have to contact tech support to get it fixed.o_O

Yeah I was going to do that as a last resort. Wanted to try and get it figured out for myself but the more and more failed attempts brings me closer to calling them.

I searched YouTube and couldn't find anything...did you find one? Can you send the link when your free?

So!! I finally figured it out after hours and hours and research, talking with you guys, and tech support. Final conclusion was that I was the unlucky one that just happened to buy a defective drone. The remote control had an issue with the wifi which was not just causing the go pro to not sync but also not allowing the remote to pair with the solo. I went to best buy this morning to exchange the solo and just got home and everything is working great! Unfortunately it's raining right now so I won't be having any test flights today but will update this thread after that.

Thank you everyone for trying to help and I hope if anyone else is having this issue they find this thread and know how to avoid the headaches and return it right away.
Thanks again everyone!

Reactions: Maddog
So!! I finally figured it out after hours and hours and research, talking with you guys, and tech support. Final conclusion was that I was the unlucky one that just happened to buy a defective drone. The remote control had an issue with the wifi which was not just causing the go pro to not sync but also not allowing the remote to pair with the solo. I went to best buy this morning to exchange the solo and just got home and everything is working great! Unfortunately it's raining right now so I won't be having any test flights today but will update this thread after that.

Thank you everyone for trying to help and I hope if anyone else is having this issue they find this thread and know how to avoid the headaches and return it right away.
Thanks again everyone!
That's great news...happy to Hear it :)

That's great news...happy to Hear it :)
Yep- we love happy endings. They have been few and far apart for too long. Oh..ick.. That sounds like a line from a soap opera- or a romance novel. Not that I've ever read one...:oops::rolleyes:

Reactions: Del

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986