Holiday Drone Flood

Reaction score
I just read in the local paper, that the FAA expects double the number of drones sold this Christmas, as compared to a year ago. They estimate that 1 out of every 5 people either will buy, or want to buy a drone heading into 2017. With the number of new members on here the last month or so, it looks like it is starting. Let's hope the new pilots coming aboard will use common sense, and take advantage of the tools offered to them, like owners manuals, and forums like this one, to help educate themselves into becoming responsible and safe pilots. I know I have learned a lot on here, and I want to thank the rest of my "Solo Family" for being there for everyone. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, and the most prosperous of New Year's.

I wish they would delineate between toys and ones like Phantom, Solo etc. Folks are calling the micro quad copters drones.

Don't worry cuz lots drones will be crashed by time after Christmas! I work at Walmart I seen lots people bought drone for their kids therefore 3/4 or more will be end up in trash can!

Reactions: Stephen jennings
I just read in the local paper, that the FAA expects double the number of drones sold this Christmas, as compared to a year ago. They estimate that 1 out of every 5 people either will buy, or want to buy a drone heading into 2017. With the number of new members on here the last month or so, it looks like it is starting. Let's hope the new pilots coming aboard will use common sense, and take advantage of the tools offered to them, like owners manuals, and forums like this one, to help educate themselves into becoming responsible and safe pilots. I know I have learned a lot on here, and I want to thank the rest of my "Solo Family" for being there for everyone. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, and the most prosperous of New Year's.
I am a new 3DR Solo Owner, Also a pilot and think flying the drone is as much fun as our plane.

Welcome aboard, Cbtek. Glad you are enjoying your Solo. A lot of great people on here to help with any questions or problems. Safe flying........in your large and small aircraft.

Moving anything through the air against gravity is fun, so much more so than things that move on the ground or water.
Been fascinated with flying things since childhood from Kites on up.

That being said, we can expect a lot of people doing what people do.
One thing I find interesting is for all the ballyhoo about registering and 107
there sure seems to be very little enforcement of those rules.

That being said, we can expect a lot of people doing what people do.
One thing I find interesting is for all the ballyhoo about registering and 107
there sure seems to be very little enforcement of those rules.

"That being said, we can expect a lot of people doing what people do. " Case in point..
"One thing I find interesting is for all the ballyhoo about registering and 107 there sure seems to be very little enforcement of those rules" As I expected. Because it reminded me of the 70s when it was 'Required' that you registered you new CB radio with the FAA. They even included the registration form in the box, which was also thrown away with the box by most.

Well said. it's getting a little crazy out there with all these new pilots and consumer drones Hope this hobby doesn't get killed because of it! things change of course and I see more change in the future.

...it reminded me of the 70s when it was 'Required' that you registered you new CB radio with the FAA. They even included the registration form in the box, which was also thrown away with the box by most.
Nuts... now you tell me, Jubalr. I registered my drones AND my CB back then. Didn't matter, there was no FCC enforcement. Rules don't amount too much without enforcement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela