Hi from Colorado

Reaction score
Hello from the Denver area. I am new to the whole pre manufactured drone thing. Solo is the first of these types of quad for me and until now I have been using DIY models. I find myself still flying it and using the tablet to get the shots I want without the smart shots. I got it for the smart shots and then don't use them much, go figure. I have been experimenting with Mission Planner so I can film each hole of the golf course I work at. It is remarkably easy when it works right but I have not had a chance to mess with it after the latest update yet. I find the people here to be quite helpful with anything solo related and am sure if I run into problems somebody here will be able to help. Thank you all for sharing your own experiences with Solo and I look forward to sharing mine with you. I recently lost my laptop to a car fire but will post some videos when I make more.

Welcome Mountain Flyer,

the first place i would take you Solo is Reds Rocks!
Take your time, look for the right place & direction, then the right Angle & Speed.
I use to go to Red Rocks once a month. I lived in Denver " Go Broncos!"
Wasn't in to UAVs then.

Use search to find most of the answers, but feel free to ask anything about Solo, I'm sure you get a reply soon.
Broncos.JPG

Last edited:
I have thought about that but I have too much fun up in Rampart and along the Platte. One of these days I will make it out to Cheesman lake but the road out there scares the hell out of me. Well not so much the road as the idea of meeting traffic from the other direction. No room to pass in most places and almost straight down with no rails. I am going to try for shots by Devils Head this weekend if the weather holds. Broncos, meh. Go Green Bay!

I have thought about that but I have too much fun up in Rampart and along the Platte. One of these days I will make it out to Cheesman lake but the road out there scares the hell out of me. Well not so much the road as the idea of meeting traffic from the other direction. No room to pass in most places and almost straight down with no rails. I am going to try for shots by Devils Head this weekend if the weather holds. Broncos, meh. Go Green Bay!
The Platte around down town or more near Cherry Creek would be nice.
Nice to capture images ANY where in Colo. Make sure you do winter vids for us down here in South Texas
Have fun... & Welcome to 3DRPilots

Denver, man that's close to where I'm from. I was born and grew up some in Colorado Springs. Oh how I'd love to take a drone up on pikes peak. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Denver, man that's close to where I'm from. I was born and grew up some in Colorado Springs. Oh how I'd love to take a drone up on pikes peak. Lol

The scenery is breathtaking!
There is a 20+ mph wind at the top, 82% of the time,
& the air is much thinner "almost 3 mi. above sea level "so it will affect flight characteristics. Mainly battery time.

From those binoculars, I can see Downtown Denver "over 80 mi."
Pikes peak large.jpg

Pikes peak I'm guessing? Been there so many times it's not funny. Love it there. Beautiful view my friend.

I think I can see Cristal lake to the right lol. Wow man I miss it

I don't make it to the Springs much. I spend more time back in Pike National Forrest. As long as you are where vehicle traffic is allowed and follow FAA rules National forests are fly zones. I found a really nice spot I want to fly behind Devils Head but it has been too windy the last few trips up there to fly. One of these years though, I want to go get video of the race and meet the guys from Gas Monkey at Pikes Peak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421