Hero 4 ISO flicker?

Reaction score
when I fly my solo the go pro flashes every few seconds like the ISO is going up and down, constantly adjusting. Is there a setting in the go pro I'm missing? Anyone else have this? It makes the video look crappy other than no gimbal.

I had this issue bad usually at dusk and dawn but it flashed like an alarm not an adjustment. For now at least mine was fixed in the last hero 4 update. Only way I could get it to stop until then was using the video plus photo setting on the gopro, for some reason it didn't do it in that mode. Other odd thing was solos connection is supposed to just send the signal so shouldnt affect the gopro but when I'd turn solo off gopros screen on front would flash off then on. It ruined my feed and even my sd card saved footage.

Yea logically solo shouldn't cause it but I couldn't get it to happen otherwise when it was grounded or on my phantom. I was in the middle of testing to narrow it down to exactly what was the cause when the update came out and fixed it.

It's tough to test though cause it only happened at dusk and dawn but obviously wasn't from light adjustment cause it flashed in perfect timed intervals like an alarm. It almost seemed to me like solo was pulling power from the hero and it was a low volt type alarm but that shouldn't be possible from an hdmi out so I was just glad the update took care of it for me.

Sorry I didn't quite get to an answer there's actually some threads back a while that we discussed it but I had little luck figuring it out. It just started one day for a couple weeks then stopped after the update.

Thanks guys! I took it out flying last night and had no issues with the flickering. I love my solo the more I use it. Just need a gimbal and then it'll be complete!

Reactions: Adimuzio513

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela