Hero 4 Black freezing

On occasion I'll get solo set up for a flight, attach and turn on gopro and find that there is no video in the solo app. On two different occasions i found that the gopro was locked up and needed to have its battery removed and reinserted. Anyone else ever experience this? Perhaps there's a correct sequence that I'm not following? I don't have a gimbal. When I first purchased the solo and go pro hero black I returned the first GoPro because it would freeze when attaching the USB cable on occasion. This one seems to be related to HDMI. And to add insult to injury... after fooling with the GoPro and pulling the battery then plugging the HDMI cable back in and powering on I forget to press record. Sumumabitch!

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Fond this information on another site. YMMV. Steve

Q: Do you have any information on why some Hero4 Black cameras overheat?

A: Here is a link from gopro on the problem. GOPRO

Q: Is the USB port on the side of the GoPro good for monitoring the camera's video output?

A: People everywhere are still having problems with the GoPro USB port feeding video. Not just trying to figure out a trick to turn the port on. Some work great then just out of nowhere, stop working... all sorts of weird stories of cameras freezing, not recording, or no video at all once the USB plug is inserted. One report said that when in contact with GoPro they stated that live video out from those ports is not an advertised feature so they do not make any claims that it will feed properly when the USB is inserted.
We were wondering after hearing what people did to solve the problem. Live video with a $400 camera that cant be used for live feed? Most are not using the GoPro to line up cinematic shots so they resort to a dedicated small fpv security camera for FPV and use the GoPro to capture whatever it captures while they zoom around.
We have found a solution. Use the 30 pin bus port that is on the back of the camera.
There are a few retailers selling these plugs that connect direct to fatshark or a servo style plug.
for about $20 you can completely ignore the Mini USB and Mini HDMI ports and get video/charging through the 30 Pin Bus Connector on the back. They are also small enough to fit into your gimbal.
Here is a link to one we recommend from RMRC they also still sell the standard USB plug for people who have not had problems yet .
Made by smartfpv

Fond this information on another site. YMMV. Steve

Q: Do you have any information on why some Hero4 Black cameras overheat?

A: Here is a link from gopro on the problem. GOPRO

Q: Is the USB port on the side of the GoPro good for monitoring the camera's video output?

A: People everywhere are still having problems with the GoPro USB port feeding video. Not just trying to figure out a trick to turn the port on. Some work great then just out of nowhere, stop working... all sorts of weird stories of cameras freezing, not recording, or no video at all once the USB plug is inserted. One report said that when in contact with GoPro they stated that live video out from those ports is not an advertised feature so they do not make any claims that it will feed properly when the USB is inserted.
We were wondering after hearing what people did to solve the problem. Live video with a $400 camera that cant be used for live feed? Most are not using the GoPro to line up cinematic shots so they resort to a dedicated small fpv security camera for FPV and use the GoPro to capture whatever it captures while they zoom around.
We have found a solution. Use the 30 pin bus port that is on the back of the camera.
There are a few retailers selling these plugs that connect direct to fatshark or a servo style plug.
for about $20 you can completely ignore the Mini USB and Mini HDMI ports and get video/charging through the 30 Pin Bus Connector on the back. They are also small enough to fit into your gimbal.
Here is a link to one we recommend from RMRC they also still sell the standard USB plug for people who have not had problems yet .
Made by smartfpv

My Hero Silver 4 freezes all the time when recording. When not recording no problems on video feed. Any help would be appreciated.

Same problem. Works fine with IPhone 7Plus but when I attempt to use with Android it freezes within a second or two.
Is this possibly a software issue ? If so, would Solex possibly solve the problem ?

I'm having same problem, I have hero4 silver and only have gotten live feed 1 damn time lol threw HDMI. What am I doing wrong the gopro keeps freezing on me.

Ahhh I'm charging it now thank you I'm new to solo and I've had it for about 6 months now, just got my gopro and at 1st couldn't get it to show video on my phone I took solo apart and messed with HDMI cable and poof works. But now I'm having trouble getting video again....would I have this problem if I just bought a gimbal?

I read an article not too long ago about some gopros locking up due to some kind of problem with some different SD cards. May want to google it and see if anything comes up- it was happening more with the gopro Hero 4 black

It explained the sd cards that were causing issues and the selection of sad cards that gopro suggested.
Go to gopro’s web page/ they will have recommendations

Would a low battery cause video feed problems. I'm sorry for the questions and thank you for being patient. I'm new to all of this

Folks are blaming the freeze on incompatible sd cards, not low battery. I’m sure the low battery doesn’t help your cause- I carry 3 gopro batteries ( fully charged ) and never depend on Solo to supply power for gopro-

Camera Freezes

denysz23
Sightseer
10/4/15

Camera GoPro 4 Black Edition permanently freezes during shooting video or simple menu navigating. I've tried 3 different SD cards, hard reset to default settings and SD card formatting. Also I've got camera freeze even with SD card unplugged during menu navigating. Therefore I'm sure that SD card does not cause the problem.

And yes, I 've tried auto and manual firmware upgrade.

Solved! Go to Solution.
Go to gopro hub. They will identify both problems and solutions

Just google-
Gopro Hero 4 freezes up-
the first thread that pops up will have pertinent info for you

Gopro hero silver kept freezing up while shooting video and navigating threw the menu ,I use a 64 gig memory card ,sent it in for repair to a shop in south cali , they ended up replacing the board and now it works fine ,I tried everything else recommend first ,it was cheaper than buying a new GoPro

Got another mainboard for $70 on ebay and fixed all my freezing. Got an extra mainboard for $35 with a bad USB jack(can live w/o it) for when this one starts freezing. Total repair under 30 minutes using youtube for reference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela