Help! No live feed.

A year ago, there was a firmware issue that made the WiFi card upgrade a worthwhile boost in power. That has since been changed in the firmware. At present, the WiFi card swap is a rather insignificant change. Antennas are the way to boost your range and signal integrity.

The stock wifi card has a 200mw boost and the upgrade option has a 800mw boost. are you familiar with how the FW update overcame these differences? im genuinely curious here.

from my past experience (i used to build the RF systems on cellular towers for a decade), 800mw will definitely outperform 200mw when a range increase and RF penetration is concerned. Only because 800mw is obviously more powerful than 200mw, and most issues a wifi connection has is distance and obstruction (trees/buildings).

Now that you mention it, you're right. It was the other way around. A year or so ago, the firmware which had the drivers for the WiFi card limited the power output of the WiFi card. Which made swapping the card mostly pointless. You got a little bit more, but certainly not 800. That was changed in the firmware and I believe you do get the full 800mw now. That said, antennas are still the easiest, most inexpensive, and least invasive way to improve your signal integrity and range.

Reactions: dml931
Now that you mention it, you're right. It was the other way around. A year or so ago, the firmware which had the drivers for the WiFi card limited the power output of the WiFi card. Which made swapping the card mostly pointless. You got a little bit more, but certainly not 800. That was changed in the firmware and I believe you do get the full 800mw now. That said, antennas are still the easiest, most inexpensive, and least invasive way to improve your signal integrity and range.
Thanks for the clarification. that makes way more sense now.

And agreed about the antenna upgrade comment, but im finding the alpha antennas only give a marginal gain in distance compared to the stock antennas. also the fact that they're directional is also a kind of a nuisance as i need to constantly monitor the direction of the panels along with everything else im trying to pay attention to. when 1000'+ away, im finding 10 degrees plays a huge role in signal strength. im considering the wifi card upgrade now but more research on them needs to be had by me first. it would be nice to have 3000+ range with stock (or another radial) antennas.

Thanks for the clarification. that makes way more sense now.

And agreed about the antenna upgrade comment, but im finding the alpha antennas only give a marginal gain in distance compared to the stock antennas. also the fact that they're directional is also a kind of a nuisance as i need to constantly monitor the direction of the panels along with everything else im trying to pay attention to. when 1000'+ away, im finding 10 degrees plays a huge role in signal strength. im considering the wifi card upgrade now but more research on them needs to be had by me first. it would be nice to have 3000+ range with stock (or another radial) antennas.

I just got 4500ft with Alfa antennas in a neighborhood. This is with trees and houses between us. I made a video but didn't edit it so it's long. If want to see it to check out the obstructions let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure, but ive seen a few youtube videos proving similar results, i just dont see the same results with my setup (Alphas only). typically get to about 1500-2000' before RTL activates.

My solo did come with a REV A gps module so im wondering if my issue is FW related although i did update it upon its first turn on about a week ago. (i have since upgraded the gps to Mrobotics M8n card).

GPS will have nothing to do with the range of the WiFi signal. And you have the mRo, you have the best!

How are you pointing the Alfa antennas? The antennas should be down and out at the 45ish degree detent with ALFA facing out.

GPS will have nothing to do with the range of the WiFi signal. And you have the mRo, you have the best!
i know, but it could be a clue to the restricted wifi output settings mentioned earlier.

How are you pointing the Alfa antennas? The antennas should be down and out at the 45ish degree detent with ALFA facing out.
just as you described. (i actually use the search feature in forums before posting questions and to gain more knowledge ;) )

Reactions: SARDG
If you had it working once, then there is a chance the cable connection got loosen. Logical thinking is to trace the HDMI route until you locate the problem.

First, make sure your camera HDMI still working, test it by hooking the HDMI output to a TV. If it is not working, time to find a replacement.

If HDMI out is working;
Next, test the connection of solo HDMI.

If the problem occurred after gimbal installation, remove the gimbal, hook the camera directly to the HDMI bypassing the gimbal. If it works, the problem is within the gimbal. If it is not, the problem is within Solo. That said, I would repeat the test with snother camera, better yet with a GoPro. Solo is designed for GoPro. Hence testing with a GoPro will confirm your findings without uncertainty.

If you had it working once, then there is a chance the cable connection got loosen. Logical thinking is to trace the HDMI route until you locate the problem.

First, make sure your camera HDMI still working, test it by hooking the HDMI output to a TV. If it is not working, time to find a replacement.

If HDMI out is working;
Next, test the connection of solo HDMI.

If the problem occurred after gimbal installation, remove the gimbal, hook the camera directly to the HDMI bypassing the gimbal. If it works, the problem is within the gimbal. If it is not, the problem is within Solo. That said, I would repeat the test with snother camera, better yet with a GoPro. Solo is designed for GoPro. Hence testing with a GoPro will confirm your findings without uncertainty.

Hey Rocky, you are not alone as I have a similar problem - No live feed to my tablet and sometimes I get a red washed out picture and I can vaguely see movement in the background. So My camera is a GoPro Black and after removing it from my SOLO I switched on Wireless on the camera, connected it to my Tablet and shazam a perfect picture streaming. Replaced the camera and checked the Gimble. I can move it full up and full down but most of the time no picture just a circle going round and round. So now I will try the suggestions as above and see if I have any luck - meantime good luck and to all the guys thanks for the tips and suggestions.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT! ALSO SORRY IPHONE STUCK ON CAPS. NO IDEA WHY!? THANKS APPLE. IT WAS THE HDMI CABLE. WORKS PERFECTLY!!! THE GARMIN ULTRA VIRB 30 4K IS AMAZING!

Rocky104. What hdmi cable did I get. Can u give a link to it? My solo just did the same thing. I was using an off brand GoPro. Video was great until it wasn't .

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT! ALSO SORRY IPHONE STUCK ON CAPS. NO IDEA WHY!? THANKS APPLE. IT WAS THE HDMI CABLE. WORKS PERFECTLY!!! THE GARMIN ULTRA VIRB 30 4K IS AMAZING!

Which cable? Link please :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40