help! go pro hero3 black update page down

Reaction score
hey guys, i got kinda an odd question, so the gopro hero3 update page is down, i called them to find out what was up but they cant help me and told me to check back in 24 hours.
so what my question is..... Can anyone possible send me the update file so i dont have to wait for rhe gopro website? i think its a bit ridiculous that they cant just email me the folder, trust me i asked! The page has been down for 3 days now, and i really want to get out there and film some stuff with my new Solo!!!! :/

If you have the Hero 3 Black (as your posting's title says) then an update won't do you any good. There hasn't been a new update for the Hero 3 Black since August 2014. And in any case, the Solo gimbal can't control the Hero 3 Black no matter which firmware version it has. But you can still use it and your Solo and get great video: just use the GoPro's RECORD button to start it recording before you start the Solo's propellers.

oh man, that is a bit upsetting, thank you! might have to update the ol gopro!!! This thing has been sitting on the shelf for a few years, it wasnt till i saw teh sale on the Solo that i decided to dust it off. I used to use it all the time, its quite sad actually since i have the lcd screen, tones of different cases, and like 4 batteries, as im sure they have switched all that. :/

If you have the Hero 3 Black (as your posting's title says) then an update won't do you any good. There hasn't been a new update for the Hero 3 Black since August 2014. And in any case, the Solo gimbal can't control the Hero 3 Black no matter which firmware version it has. But you can still use it and your Solo and get great video: just use the GoPro's RECORD button to start it recording before you start the Solo's propellers.
So I just tried this, and thought I was recording the sunset, but when the solo came down I noticed the GoPro wasn't recording. I looked at the footage and the recording speed as soon as solo connected to the controller. The battery is recharged and I'm going to try again, but this time I'm going to double check before sending her out. I'm actually going to shoot video inside a warehouse for a breakdance edit... Hopefully it works out!

Well, good news, I figured out I can record.... The bad news is, manual mode was way harder to control than I had anticipated... Slowly drifted into a chair trying to land, destroyed 3 propellers... :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo