Hello

Reaction score
Hi am new to this forum am just in the process of trying to buy a Solo and am really looking forward to getting to grips with it. I have read and viewed an awful lo of information about this incredible looking machine and cant wait to get started.

Cheers all Bill

Welcome, Bill. The more reading you do, the better prepared you will be when you do get a Solo. I suggest you also download the Solo manual, and get a head start on all the info contained in it. I hope you get to fly real soon. Good luck.

Reactions: BillHally101
Thanks Chuck I placed my order for my Solo and Gimbal and should have them in the next couple of weeks am really looking forward to getting started. I have been around Multi Copters for a long time now and the Solo looks to be the ideal camera platform for me as I fly single handed.

Bill

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
Hey thanks I think this is going to be an enjoyable ride (no pun) I am a tinkerer and modifier and like to get involved with the hard ware side of things. I have been building multi copters for around 5 years now and really enjoy the hobby, I also fly long range FPV with my fixed wing fleet and am totally engrossed in aerial RC. My Solo, extra batteries, backpack and Gimbal are all ordered and on their way to Kissimmee Florida where I will fly into next week from the UK for a vacation. I have been reading a lot and viewing many Youtube vid's about the Solo, as I normally fly alone this will be good for me. I aint even got my copter yet and I think Cable Cam is so good that it's worth its weight alone on this platform!!

Cheers Bill

Reactions: LuvMyTJ and flyhome
Bill,

If you are an Android user I suggest going to Google Play and purchasing yourself a copy of Solex. Great app.
Yes thanks for the heads up I am an Android user so will defo take a look at the Solex App. Would I be right in thinking that the IOS version of the stock App has more functionality than the Android version? and that is why Solex is around presumably ;-) I have a 9.7 inch Android tablet and also a Nexus 7 hopefully one of which I will be able to use with my Solo.

Bill

I've used both the Android and iOS Solo apps. Neither has an apparent advantage over the other, both have the same functionality. I have noticed that the level calibration runs in a slightly different order (one does nose down first while the other does nose up first).

I highlighted "apparent" above because from my reading (on this forum) the iOS has the distinction of being able to use a barometer in the iOS device to adjust follow-me altitude of the Solo. No experience with that myself.

I hope you look into Solex (which also supports Missions [extra cost however]), well worth the money.

Remember: trees are evil! Think Charlie Brown and kites.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea