Hello --- new to 3dr Solo and drone flying in general

Reaction score
so just now stepping into exciting world of drone flying and aerial videography!
Spent hours and hours researching current drones but mainly DJI and a few other brands because Solo drones do not seem to make many top 10 list so wasn't aware of them until I was at Frys to pick up a DJI 3 2k and came upon the interative marketing kiosk of 3DR SOLO. of course it's very impressive so I could not resist the $339 price Frys was offering.

So along with the Best Buy sale I ended up with Solo, backpack, extra gimbal and 5 batteries for under $600! CRAZY COOL DEAL.

THEN I returned home to research the Solo in more depth and was really disappointed to find out it seem to be a failed product and 3DR was abandoning the future development and production of SOLO.

Then I read countless bad expeiriences with the drone and alsmost took everything back but I could not get past the deal I landed and what the promise seemed to be about the SOLO

So I took the plunge. Opened all the boxes and began flying and filming. And to my pleasant surprise the thing works and it's amazing to fly. I'm addicted.

I have had a few minor dropout kinks with the GP camera but nothing major yet. However only 10 flights in! I do at time LOVE THIS DRONE! I'm considering buying another for backup.

I just joined this forum and have yet to research your experiences but looking forward to interacting with other Solo pilots.

Feel free to share any insight with me about the SOLO.

THX
JB SLIMP
[email protected]

Reactions: Anthony Price
Grab the backup as the only thing that may be an issue is parts
now you know the internet top lists can be very deceiving.
Solo will be two years old this year and in many ways still outperforms the new birds coming out
Have some fun

Grab the backup as the only thing that may be an issue is parts
now you know the internet top lists can be very deceiving.
Solo will be two years old this year and in many ways still outperforms the new birds coming out
Have some fun

Thanks --- I have having a blast ---this is an amazing q-copter!

Reactions: pyrate
Most of what you read on the internet are the complainers. I've been flying 3DR DIY multirotors for a couple of years and now have three Solos. I love them!
Most of the issues I've read about are due to pilot error or not understanding how to operate the quad. The few true issues have been handled by 3DR warranty.
I'd pick up a second Solo for spare parts if you can get another deal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jubalr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc