Hello! New Solo pilot

Reaction score
I just got a Solo last week. As yet I've not had a great deal of flying time, but I was delighted with my first few flights, I've only flown drones without GPS stabilisation before.

After just 15 minutes or so experience, I captured this little orbit:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would have been almost impossible in my other drones to do this in one shot.

Mart.

Hi Martin, yea, it's pretty impressive, isn't it? I've only had my Solo for a few weeks, and we just had a solid week and a half of rain, so actual flying time has been limited. The smartshots are pretty amazing.

Like you, I hadn't flown a GPS equipped quad until the Solo. After the first flight, I ordered and put a GPS on my other quad. What a difference it makes not having to spend 75% of your attention countering drift!

Welcome aboard, Martin. I suggest during the rainy days or evenings, you spend some time perusing this forum. LOTS of GREAT info here - tips, tricks, and mods that will greatly improve your flying experience. Coming from non-GPS enabled quads puts you well ahead of somebody just getting into this. Flying manual is no problem for you and the GPS ability will be icing. Very sweet icing...

I just got a Solo last week. As yet I've not had a great deal of flying time, but I was delighted with my first few flights, I've only flown drones without GPS stabilisation before.

After just 15 minutes or so experience, I captured this little orbit:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would have been almost impossible in my other drones to do this in one shot.

Mart.
Out standing in your field!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela