Hello - I'm new here.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say I'm a proud new owner of a Solo, and a new member to these forums. I've been involved with RC for over 20 years, and located in Meridian, Mississippi. I've been flying multi-rotors and helicopters for several years now as well and owned / have owned quite a few different aircraft, probably too many according to my wife :). I picked up the $299 combo deal at Best Buy earlier this week, but due to the horrible weather here the last few days, have yet to maiden it. Hopefully I can get it in the air a few minutes tomorrow, although probably for a short flight as it is only going to reach about 40 degrees here. (Cold for us Southern folks.) I am trying to locate a good deal on a used Gopro Hero 3+ Black at the moment as I currently don't own a gopro and my knockoff won't work other than just as a non gimbal mounted camera, so no fpv for me for a while I guess. Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself and say Hello.

You can still fly without the gimbal and (if an HDMI Port is accessible) likely get video feed from that knockoff camera. However, you may as well spring for a used GPH4B - the most compatible, best speced GP for Solo.

You can still fly without the gimbal and (if an HDMI Port is accessible) likely get video feed from that knockoff camera. However, you may as well spring for a used GPH4B - the most compatible, best speced GP for Solo.
Thanks, unfortunately my knockoff only outputs playback to HDMI, as far as I can tell...tried several button combinations and can't see live video :(

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Reactions: gmeeth
I would also recommend getting the 4 to avoid issues with the 3.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say I'm a proud new owner of a Solo, and a new member to these forums. I've been involved with RC for over 20 years, and located in Meridian, Mississippi. I've been flying multi-rotors and helicopters for several years now as well and owned / have owned quite a few different aircraft, probably too many according to my wife :). I picked up the $299 combo deal at Best Buy earlier this week, but due to the horrible weather here the last few days, have yet to maiden it. Hopefully I can get it in the air a few minutes tomorrow, although probably for a short flight as it is only going to reach about 40 degrees here. (Cold for us Southern folks.) I am trying to locate a good deal on a used Gopro Hero 3+ Black at the moment as I currently don't own a gopro and my knockoff won't work other than just as a non gimbal mounted camera, so no fpv for me for a while I guess. Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself and say Hello.

I have been looking for another GoPro hero 4 black on Craigslist for a second set up. Found one for $200 with some accessories, some good deals out there if you want to go cheaper and not spend double that

Some functionality is lost depending on the version but I can't remember which ones go with which version.

None of that with the 4's.
The 4 Black shoots at a higher frame rate than the 4 Silver at some resolutions - but like you, I can't remember the details. Don't have to remember because I only have 4 Blacks (and some 3+ Blacks that I know the limitations of.) For anyone needing details, capabilities of all GoPro models may be found on the GP website.

My 3+ Black can't shoot 2.7k at 60fps (but can do 30fps) and it can shoot 1080 at 60fps, so yes, it can't shoot at has high rate or resolution as the 4 Black, but it doesn't lack any functionality vs. the 4 Black as far as I know.

Reactions: msantimanzano
I have the Hero 3+ Black, and have no issues. Well, I can't figure out how to get rid of the on screen display with my videos though.

I have a 3+ as well. It is a setting in the GoPro itself. You have to scroll through the menus to find OSD (on screen display) and turn it off. Makes the screen on the app a whole lot easier to read.

I have a 3+ as well. It is a setting in the GoPro itself. You have to scroll through the menus to find OSD (on screen display) and turn it off. Makes the screen on the app a whole lot easier to read.
Is it a setting I must access directly on the camera, or can I access it via the GoPro App on my iPhone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40