Hello from St. Paul, Minnesota

Reaction score
After 3 years of building and flying Ardupilot platforms (and racing quads - that's another story!) I needed a new camera ship immediately after a burnt esc killed my Pixhawk powered ship. I didn't have time to wait for parts to ship from 5 different vendors.

That's why I picked up a ready to fly Solo/gimbal on a Best Buy promotion last July and am very pleased with it in every way. I particularly find the cable cam and orbit most convenient and with the 15-20 minute battery life (compared to about 8 mins with my Pixhawk) I didn't find the need to create the cable on the fly to be the disadvantage I thought it would be.

For my purposes, I believe Mission planner is more convenient for me than Solo app or Solex for rectangular surveys, but for everything else, I've found I don't miss using Mission planner at all. I haven't used anything but Solo and their app or Solex for a couple of months now.

I've since picked up a second "spare" unit. Perhaps I'll use that with Mission Planner if needed.

Anyways, I'd though I'd shout out a hello. I'm licensed and registered and a longtime reluctant AMA member and FCC licensed, etc. in St. Paul. I fly very, very fast r/c planes when I'm not out on a job, racing or flying acro.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40