Hello from Sacramento!

Reaction score
Hello from Sacramento! I just bought a 3DR Solo package from Best Buy. I have never owned a drone before, but at $299 for a drone, gimbal, 2 batteries, and an extra set of props, it was too hard to pass up. I also bought the 3DR Solo Backpack ($50), a spare gimbal ($40), and 3 extra batteries ($90). I will be pairing the Solo with my GoPro Hero 4 Black. The day after I bought the Solo, I went out of the country for a few weeks so I have not even flown it yet. I find it best to do research first. After lurking and reading this forum extensively, I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and order the mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade as well. I will read the owners manual and do the in-app flight school before flying the Solo. I am pretty excited, and I hope to be able to record and share footage soon! Any further advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated, as I am a total noob when it comes to drones. Thanks in advance!

Hello from Sacramento! I just bought a 3DR Solo package from Best Buy. I have never owned a drone before, but at $299 for a drone, gimbal, 2 batteries, and an extra set of props, it was too hard to pass up. I also bought the 3DR Solo Backpack ($50), a spare gimbal ($40), and 3 extra batteries ($90). I will be pairing the Solo with my GoPro Hero 4 Black. The day after I bought the Solo, I went out of the country for a few weeks so I have not even flown it yet. I find it best to do research first. After lurking and reading this forum extensively, I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and order the mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade as well. I will read the owners manual and do the in-app flight school before flying the Solo. I am pretty excited, and I hope to be able to record and share footage soon! Any further advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated, as I am a total noob when it comes to drones. Thanks in advance!
Howdy from Yuba City. I have owned my solo For almost a month, it's the funnest "toy" I have ever had in my 54 years. My older brother just bought 2 solos and a bunch of batteries and other stuff. He lives in orangville.
Advice... Download the simulator app for your phone/tablet. I got more from it then I did from the flight school.

Thanks for the tip! I'm actually in Elk Grove, but I figure most on the forum wouldn't know where that is ;)

Five miles south of hell. When I moved from Sac elk Grove was not far enough away. Went to a lot of keggers in your area. It's a shame that 3dr stopped making drones. But with mrobotics.com and other suppliers Solo will be in the air for years.

Sac isn't so bad! There's a decent food, music, and art scene. The Kings even beat the Cavs the other day!

Food, music,...... I worked for a concert promoter and the convention center. There's lots to do in Sacto. But I have never had a police/sherrif or highway patrol helicopter shining its spot light in my backyard since moving here. Plus there is a lot of beautiful land to fly over around here, in a couple months I will be shooting footage up at the sites reservoir area for assemblyman James Gallagher.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea