Hello from Green Country

Reaction score
..which is also known as northeast Oklahoma. As my name indicates, I am from Tulsa. Just purchased a Solo yesterday during what can only be described as a 'fire sale', however I've been flying UAVs now since summer of 2014, and actually built two hexacopters in the last two years (both of which use 3DR Pixhawk flight controllers) so I have some knowledge of the company.

My dad was an RC airplane enthusiast before electrics got big (he flew strictly gassers); that's what initiated the bug in me.

My dad was an RC airplane enthusiast before electrics got big (he flew strictly gassers); that's what initiated the bug in me.
Seems you where a fortunate kid growing up with RC's in the air. I spent an eternity in Ponca City one month.

You made a good purchase, Solo is a much better bargain now days. Been flying mine for over a year and it has performed better than expected for an initial version. Enjoy the RTF experience from a DIY thinking company...

Your profile I assume means Houston; I spent three years of my life there in the early nineties (I'm a born and bred Tulsan, but that was my only time away).

Play on words, but yep Houstonian, third gen. Was a great town at one time, but now not so much.

Hope the forum treats you right and hope you can offer up some of your experiences to the conversations. Happy flying.

Play on words, but yep Houstonian, third gen. Was a great town at one time, but now not so much.

Hope the forum treats you right and hope you can offer up some of your experiences to the conversations. Happy flying.
My best friend & his parents moved to 9600 Winsome Lane, Houston, in 1970. (Age 10) They disappeared and I never heard from them again.
You familiar with that area of Houston?

You familiar with that area of Houston?
Just the general area, that side of westhiemer turned rough in the 70's, wrong side of the tracks kind of thing. If the parents were decent people, they'd moved out quick due to the schools. It was really that bad.

Just the general area, that side of westhiemer turned rough in the 70's, wrong side of the tracks kind of thing. If the parents were decent people, they'd moved out quick due to the schools. It was really that bad.
Ok, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea