Hello 3DR'rs

Reaction score
Hello All!! Just got my first drone and am really excited to get flying. I am a nerd from way back and can not wait to start shooting some video with this awesome toy!! It is supposed to be my Christmas present so I will not be in the air for a couple weeks yet but I will be playing with the simulator so I do not trash it first go. I have had a Parrott AR2.0 in the past and this is my first serious video platform. I am open to any tips, suggestions mods. I will be wearing out youtube for the next few weeks so I can learn as much as I can. Cheers!! Sean

Hi Sean,

I think you'll appreciate the Solo for a Good platform for newcomers & alike to be able to take wonderful 4K video & have fun while learning to take that "Perfect" shot!
Depends of far you wish to take this hobby, But a better lens "3.97mm f/2.8 82d HFOV 16MP" matches a Hero 4 Black, quite well.

Happy Flying

Example 3.97mm GoPro Media
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Welcome Sean,
The FIRST THING TO DO is program your A or B button to manual. That way if things get wonky you can stop it and hold altitude.
You will see that if you read through a lot of this blog. I'd recommend ordering the GPS shield from 3DR and install it. Usually someone on the group knows of a valid discount code for half price.

There is a camera sticky. Research that for the best setting when using your GoPro. I think the settings for the H4B are, 2.7k, medium fov and 60 fps. There's other info in the sticky that's worth a read.

Here's some boring vid from last weekend in Death Valley.
Above all have fun.

Reactions: snmpsniffer
Read that manual too. A couple of times. Augment that book of knowledge here. Lots of good info and tips to be had amongst the gentlemen (and ladies) on this forum.

Welcome Sean,
The FIRST THING TO DO is program your A or B button to manual. That way if things get wonky you can stop it and hold altitude.
You will see that if you read through a lot of this blog. I'd recommend ordering the GPS shield from 3DR and install it. Usually someone on the group knows of a valid discount code for half price.

There is a camera sticky. Research that for the best setting when using your GoPro. I think the settings for the H4B are, 2.7k, medium fov and 60 fps. There's other info in the sticky that's worth a read.

Here's some boring vid from last weekend in Death Valley.
Above all have fun.
GPS Shield.. CHECK!! and thanks for the GP Tips, New to them too. I will scrounge around for a code. Should I start a thread on that or would it be too invasive? I will just search first. The desert footage is great! I hope to get out to the desert next time I am out west and do some shooting.

Read that manual too. A couple of times. Augment that book of knowledge here. Lots of good info and tips to be had amongst the gentlemen (and ladies) on this forum.
What manual? Just downloaded it..There was not much in the box for the 3DR. I am reading the Hero book. Thanks!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40