HDMI Cable

It is hard to say but plugging the hdmi into go pro you must be careful

Found this official instruction video from 3DR "Solo HDMI Cable Replacement":
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me. The damn connector broke right off my GoPro and now I can't charge my GoPro from the cable, and I can't see video from my Solo as the damn piece is stuck inside my cable. This is crazy!

Same Here. Just ordered some hdmi cables to replace.

I bought both 6in left and right and I cant get either to fit correctly. The video cuts out if the straight male is not inserted into the board at a certain angle.

I bought a couple of these to try:

Micro to Micro - Left Angle Micro to Micro HDMI Cable - Ultra-Thin

Left Angle Micro to Micro RR-7L-7S-12GX 2 13.95 Length = 14 inch (+$1.00)
HDMI Cable - Ultra-Thin

I bought the 14". It feels a little more flexible than the 3DR cable. Going to try and install the gimbal with it tomorrow...
I just replaced my HDMI, it's 12" & not too much room for more. didn't zip tie it to main board "Original was" & it's lot better fit. "tension wise"

Reactions: RichWest
Ok I will try that tomorrow. I also bought left and right 12in haha.

LOL, your a "prepared kind of guy"
Here a PDF to help, if you need it/
It took me about 40min. & i was in the air. PERFECT VIDEO FEED.

Attachments

• Guide to check HDMI connection(2).pdf
    287.8 KB · Views: 51
Just saw Video, be careful when tilting main board up, like he did, cause i removed pods 2 & 3
to give me enough wiring from the pods & data wiring to pull main board up. Just in case you have problems with pods 2 or 3 after you exchange HDMI cables, it's because they were pulled on doing it his way.
Hope this helps

Reactions: RichWest
The longer 12" Right Angle Worked alot better for me. Just wrapped it around like original cable. I couldn't get video with the 6" without wiggling the cable.

Bump!
Is anyone certain we wont be using the HDMI cable with the gimbal??
I got the Gimbal a couple of days ago and the HDMI cable that connects the Gimbal with Solo broke, should I replace it or wait?
Thanks

There is only 1 HDMI cable, & yes it's the same cable that fits in the HDMI socket on/in the Gimbal.
Gimbal has a HDMI ribbon that connects to your GP.
IT's the only way your going to receive video feed to your monitor.
If it is broke, then call 3DR tech. Support. They have a complete package of cables for $17.00
They may not charge you at all.
Hope this helps.

Thank you, but im talking about the internal cable, not the ribbon, will they help?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421