Having A Problem

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I've run in to a problem that I need some assistance with. Recently, I upgraded my Hero 4 Black to v5.0. I did this mostly to enable the linear shooting mode and save myself time in post-production fixing the GoPro fisheye. Since that time, however, my Solo won't power on or charge the GoPro (I've yet to ascertain whether the Solo is passing any current at all, as the GoPro has yet to die). All other functionality appears to work fine. EDIT: This issue persists on multiple GoPro's. The camera can be controlled through the app, and turns off when the Solo is turned off. For timeline sake, this started before Christmas.
The Solo did experience two Controlled Flight Into Obstacle instances, so I had thought that perhaps the gimbal had been damaged. I purchased a new one, and just installed it. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue (but now I have a spare gimbal, so yay)
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks,
Andrew

Reactions: Pál Szabolcs
v5 does not power on the solo
search would have saved you a gimbal, but hey its good to have a spare
with v5 you have to manually turn on solo on power up
I tried it to play with manual locks, but did not find them worth the effort and reverted back to v3

Well that's a bummer. I'll try to downgrade the GoPro.

I'm not terribly upset about the Gimbal. It was $40 on Amazon, and I genuinely thought that it was damaged after 2 CFIO's. Guess the spare could always come in handy.

yep that gimbal is the most fragile but crucial part on the solo
also most likely to be the part no one in 3rd parties will supply

Well that's a bummer. I'll try to downgrade the GoPro.

I'm not terribly upset about the Gimbal. It was $40 on Amazon, and I genuinely thought that it was damaged after 2 CFIO's. Guess the spare could always come in handy.

Your lucky.
This is Amazon uk.
e13fbc93ce2fa59ecdabe5260c28cece.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40