Has anyone out there painted their bird?

Reaction score
So I'm an avid painter and am considering painting my bird. Anyone else out there modified the look of theirs? can I see?show me the birds!!

Nice! how does the plastids hold up? I would assume just fine since you keep your drone happy. I was thinking of a particular design. Yours looks really cool. Great job!

Reactions: Maddog
After reading this thread and a neighbor telling me today my solo sounds like a swarm of bees, I'm going to have an artist friend of mine paint mine to look like a bumblebee as best he can. I'll post it when it's done.

Nice! how does the plastids hold up? I would assume just fine since you keep your drone happy. I was thinking of a particular design. Yours looks really cool. Great job!
Thanks- it holds up very well. And I can peel it off if I want to change it.

I have a Syma X8 with different colored props. They spin too fast to see the color. Same with Solo.:(

Checkout this video from Cuzman, the props are quite visible :D

Another user posted this in another thread. You can see the orange props come into view a few seconds in. Yah, I think the black ones in front would be a bit less distracting if they came into view.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Solo-Orange-Props-Master-Airscrew.jpg

Haven't painted anything yet, but did wrap the face of the controller in a carbon fiber look vinyl. Will be looking to possibly wrap more of solo in the future. 20170320_223623.jpg

Haven't painted anything yet, but did wrap the face of the controller in a carbon fiber look vinyl. Will be looking to possibly wrap more of solo in the future. View attachment 5729
Somebody was selling those on eBay a while back. Looks great!

Was it hard to put on where did you get it how much did it cost?o_O

Somebody was selling those on eBay a while back. Looks great!

Was it hard to put on where did you get it how much did it cost?o_O
I did it myself, I got the carbon vinyl from Amazon, it's $10 for a 1'x5' roll. The hardest part was the screen since there's nothing to really trace since it's flush. Everything else was easy to trace a quick template and then go over the edges with a sharp blade. Took about 30min, this was only the second thing I've ever wrapped so I'm sure it could be done faster. But go slow, make a template if possible and it'll be fine

I did it myself, I got the carbon vinyl from Amazon, it's $10 for a 1'x5' roll. The hardest part was the screen since there's nothing to really trace since it's flush. Everything else was easy to trace a quick template and then go over the edges with a sharp blade. Took about 30min, this was only the second thing I've ever wrapped so I'm sure it could be done faster. But go slow, make a template if possible and it'll be fine
Great job- I thought it was cut out on a machine!

Reactions: wcc963

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela