Happy 4th - Fireworks.

I am guessing it would have taken it down with the right hit. Unlikely to recover.

I didn't even think of the damaged prop. I was thinking if it hit it direct on the underbody or something..

Yeah. I guess no getting around a damaged prop.

Ryan G

Cool video! Looks like you got in close. Have shot in/around fireworks often? I'll try next year when the gimbal releases ; )

Cool video! Looks like you got in close. Have shot in/around fireworks often? I'll try next year when the gimbal releases ; )

First time!

Fireworks were at a horse ranch/boarding place about 1/2 mile from where I live. My parents property borders the north side of it so I launched from there.

I flew 2 batteries worth and landed after about 10 minutes on each battery.So I got 20 minutes of video total. I could have flown longer but the P3 was out of site and I was relying on the satellite map to avoid tree lines so I was nervous about leaving myself enough time to find my way home.

First time!

Fireworks were at a horse ranch/boarding place about 1/2 mile from where I live. My parents property borders the north side of it so I launched from there.

I flew 2 batteries worth and landed after about 10 minutes on each battery.So I got 20 minutes of video total. I could have flown longer but the P3 was out of site and I was relying on the satellite map to avoid tree lines so I was nervous about leaving myself enough time to find my way home.

Good idea giving yourself that buffer to find your way back. I could imagine it being pretty hard just flying at night that high let alone with trees around. Glad your P3 didn't get hit!

Here is the entire thing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela