Happy 4th - Fireworks.

Nice I took the family to a good sized show and didn't think they'd allow mine even though I did bring both. I attempted to get some footage when we got home but only got a bunch fireworks way off in the distance and wasnt anything to look at really. Should of just let them go and found some shots around myself but didn't really want to disappoint the kids or be in the dog house.

Nice! Did you take video?

Yes I flew around in it for about 20 minutes total. I have not watched all the video yet but thought that screen shot looked pretty close so I posted it before I went to bed. It was pitch dark and had the lights on front arms shut off on the Phantom.

I don't think the Solo would have pulled it off. My maps are not working very well with Solo and I don't think I could have navigated around with it.

My signature line is a roller coaster. I just forgot to put(waiting) after it :)

I will get mine first of August at earliest like everyone else !

How do you like that P3?
It's flawless. Best uav I have owned so far. Hoping 3dr ups their game and finishes the solo to what it could be. If the do we might have something cool.

@DattaGroover 3dr is shooting to have gimbal ready to start shipping end of July. So that means first of August arrival to me. At best.

What kind of settings are you running on the night video for the Go Pro? Anything on the + or - exposure compensation?

Thanks
Ryan G

It's flawless. Best uav I have owned so far. Hoping 3dr ups their game and finishes the solo to what it could be. If the do we might have something cool.

@DattaGroover 3dr is shooting to have gimbal ready to start shipping end of July. So that means first of August arrival to me. At best.
Fingers crossed on that one. 3DR is behind the 8-ball right now for sure, though with superior concepts and apps, they may come up with a better product than the P3. Especialy if their gimbal is better than DJI's. I would definitely have a P3 if it used a goPro.

. . .OR I could do what you did and have a 5.4mm GoPro on my Solo and use the P3 for wider stuff! By the way, how do you like that? I loved mine (though it's right now at the bottom of some canal in Haarlem).

Very impressive. Is that you? Whoever flew that Inspire had it in really close. Great for the footage, but I would be concerned about getting hit.

I wish it was me : p I would be afraid of getting hit also! It's a friend of a friend who shot that. He has some great aerial photography and video on his site.

Here is the video clip.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was close. Any thoughts on what would happen with a direct hit? Would it just fall out of the sky? Fall for a little bit and then right itself?

Ryan G

That was close. Any thoughts on what would happen with a direct hit? Would it just fall out of the sky? Fall for a little bit and then right itself?

Ryan G
I would think that depends on damage done, if any. Broke prop would send it earthward.:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc