Greetings from SoFla

Reaction score
Hi all, total newb here. I have a couple of cheap RC quads that I've been beating the hell out of. Just ordered a Solo, should arrive in a couple of days.

Looking forward to getting to know some folks here. Anybody in the Palm Beach area, drop me a note!

Suggestions, tips, advice, warnings, and condolences are all most welcome!

Howdie from MidFla!
Best advice I got was to read the manual (link in a sticky on this site) and set "A" button to manual fly. First one saved me a lot of time, second one saved me a lot of money. YMMV. Jump on in, lots if great folks here with PLENTY of expertise.

Reactions: aidanlou
Welcome. In SWFL - directly across the southern tip of Lake O from you.

Welcome!

I;m from CA but I was wondering--are all of these Florida abbreviations widely used or only used for fun?

Welcome!

I;m from CA but I was wondering--are all of these Florida abbreviations widely used or only used for fun?
Can't say I've ever heard of Perry's 'MidFla', but SoFla comes up now and again, and SWFL (Southwest Florida) is used consistently in SWFL by newspapers, magazines, TV, and businesses all over the SWFL area.

If you tap on SWFL below my avatar you will likely see businesses pop up on Google Maps that are located in my area.

In addition to these local area descriptors, nearly every section of coastline in FL has a nickname; Nature Coast, Treasure Coast, Space Coast (guess where that section of FL coast is located), etc.

25919efe698a30b69410a1c7597afba1.jpg

Reactions: Steven Ackerman
Fellow SoFlo 3DR pilot here T-Bird! I'm a little further south in Weston, Fl which is west Fort Lauderdale out by the glades. These forums are a great start. I have been flying Quads for a bit now and have an Iris+ which just got put in the back burner for my Solo. Here's a link to my first flight last weekend with the Solo
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will get there some day my target on your map is the Culture Coast
but my pyrate nature has me holding out for the keys

I will get there some day my target on your map is the Culture Coast
but my pyrate nature has me holding out for the keys
Cultural Coast is right in between Perry on the Sun Coast and me on the Lee Island Coast. If you're really a real pirate, pyrate, then you' ll need to experience Gasparilla in Tampa Bay during Jan/Feb - Florida's Mardi Gras.
www.gasparillapiratefest.com
My avatar pic was taken during Gasparilla a few years ago.

Come on down...

yes I know, they have a heck of a pyrate museum there too.
I am really going to get there someday.
I definitely don't belong in Texas
Nothing against Texas but I need the sea

Can't say I've ever heard of Perry's 'MidFla', but SoFla comes up now and again, and SWFL (Southwest Florida) is used consistently in SWFL by newspapers, magazines, TV, and businesses all over the SWFL area.
LOL I'm officially going with the proper name, SunCoast!

I served in the Navy, salt water runs in my veins.
When I die, I will be buried at sea
We (CG Active Duty and CG Aux) do Burial at Sea Services too. You're not allowed to throw bodies in the drink any more, but if you're cremated, we can have a service for you and your loved ones aboard our boats at sea and scatter the ashes. (nice talk...)

Reactions: pyrate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc