Greetings from North San Diego County

Reaction score
Well got my solo in last week from a Best Buy refurb. Got a chance to get it up this weekend and just putter around the street a bit. So far having a good time with it and seems pretty newbie friendly. Thinking of popping off the top to see which GPS it has to see if I need to upgrade. Usually only had 10 satellites at time and I don't want to lose control of it. Hope to take it out to local park this weekend. Got it all registered and phone number of local tower (of course I would live within 5miles of an airport..)

Reactions: RDA
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s. If you're new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!

I wouldn't worry about replacing your GPS unless you are unhappy with its performance. I would recommend you do the free "cardboard mod" for better link quality.

I think if you're getting 10 sats, that's pretty good. The only reason I upgraded (had a rev A board) was because it was taking me at least 5 minutes to get 6-8 sats. Also I live in a heavily wooded area, so I needed the best reception I could get. Upgrading was easy though and I regularly get 16-20 sats now in under a minute. So it all depends on whether you have difficulty obtaining a lock or if you're unhappy with the wait time for a lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40