Great Salt Lake Marina Sunset

F

flabango

Last minute trip out to the Great Salt Lake last night. Check it out...

***WARNING*** If very slightly shaky footage isn't for you don't watch. Especially don't leave a comment about it. I might tell you to suck it!!! HAHA (sarcasm)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Admuzio.

Pyrate, no I haven't balanced the props yet. Once you got above the protected harbor there was quite a stiff wind... hence much more vibration.

Hey SteveReno, suck it. I put up some stoke that others might appreciate. Take your negativity elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My honest opinion. Your vibrating is causing your Video to shake more then the rest of Gimbal'ed video posted here.
With your attitude, Your not going to get much help from this board. We all can help you.

Reactions: nexxypoo
My honest opinion. Your vibrating is causing your Video to shake more then the rest of Gimbal'ed video posted here.
With your attitude, Your not going to get much help from this board. We all can help you.

My attitude? That's just my way of calling you out for being whiny. ;)
So your snide critique was you reaching out to help? I think what you are failing to realize from your couch is that there is a fairly stiff wind going on there. They sail out there for a good reason. Just look at the trees at the very beginning of the video. Are you suggesting I should be able to get flawless video in those conditions? If so, I'm all ears. Seriously.

I'm like a kid with a new toy. I just wanted to get some video up asap and share it. I plan to redo the edit in Premier and then I will make it as smooth as butter. It just takes a long time to render and I was impatient. GoPro Studio doesn't take very long to render.

But now that we've turned this thread from stoke into a critique. Other than in post, how do you remove vibrations caused by a stiff wind? I mean, if the video I'm getting when there is no wind is already very smooth I don't see how balancing the props is going help much in windy conditions. Am I wrong? What would you have done differently SteveReno?

Stop acting like a kid "I'm like a kid with a new toy"
Go edit your video & put it back up.
Really hard to get rid of Vibration caused by Wind, Props out of balance, just plane bad conditions overall.

If your putting up a video here, your automatically in competition from all the other video we see everyday here at 3DRPilots

If your just having fun, enjoying your new toy, then say so, & then we/I know how to judge your offerings.
I did compliment your vid in my first post "Nice movements & Great Subject,"
You just thinking like a kid i guess.
that video isn't a " Leonardo Da Vinci" LOL

Stop acting like a kid "I'm like a kid with a new toy"
Go edit your video & put it back up.
Really hard to get rid of Vibration caused by Wind, Props out of balance, just plane bad conditions overall.

If your putting up a video here, your automatically in competition from all the other video we see everyday here at 3DRPilots

If your just having fun, enjoying your new toy, then say so, & then we/I know how to judge your offerings.
I did compliment your vid in my first post "Nice movements & Great Subject,"
You just thinking like a kid i guess.
that video isn't a " Leonardo Da Vinci" LOL

Jesus dude... give it a break. It's just a video. Competition... really? If some tiny unavoidable vibrations ruin it for you... oh well. Go nitpick somewhere else with your passive aggressive compliments. I mean if you really want to critique the video, fine, I take constructive criticism for a living. There are other flaws in there that I actually have control over. Let's talk about those. I guess I thought this Photo & Video forum was for posting stoke. I'm sorry I even engaged you!

Nice... by your "Da Vinci" LOL comment I see you found one of my websites. So now you're stalking me? What's next... an anonymous phone call and fake complaint to the FAA? Go fly your copter homie.

You Started with the insults!
Leave it alone....Leave me alone...

Haha... let's just bypass the "no you started it" stage. I'm just going to delete this mess of a thread. No hard feelings, we just got off on the wrong foot.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
lol. So I'm looking around at this flabango guy's stuff, and I see this post where again he just can't help himself, he has to be a hot-head.
You have already been reported to the FAA for flying far too close to an international airport and helipads, and now I see you have a business (Coptershotz) doing this stuff. That's some pretty silly egotism driving your posts there mate, I wonder how much you will regret being so provocative to the nice people on this forum when you lose your business? You should've just shown some humility, but clearly you dont do humilty lol.
Flying so close to those wind turbines in your other post is likely to get you in trouble too if you didn't ask the owners for their permission, but hey I'm sure you'll just abuse me and dig that hole a little deeper....
At least the skies will be a little safer if they ban you.
Too funny by any measure :)

Reactions: Chuck
Stop it nexxypoo. You're reaching and frankly embarrassing yourself. The only picture you're painting is that you are butt hurt and a troublemaker. Go back and re-read that thread. I called you the Internet Police (oh the horror!) and you unraveled to point of name calling, ultimatums, and reporting me to the FAA???

FYI - for years the Jordan River Model Port was located within a 1-2 miles of the airport. They had a 400ft ceiling in place. Then they built a regional sports complex in it's place and the new proposed RC model port is 4.5 miles away from the nearest airport runway. As well, the local drone club holds races in a park well within a 3 mile radius of the airport. What do all these locations, including mine, have in common? They aren't anywhere near the flight path of the airport! You're just a butt hurt anonymous troublemaker doing more harm to the community than good.

No worries champ, let's see how that argument works out for you. I do hope that business is a one-man shop, imagine how angry your business partner(s) will be when they realise what you have done lol.
Have a lovely day flabango :)
...and for the record:
1. You posted a video, prouudly, showing you (probably) breaking several FAA rules.
2. I complimented you on the vid, and simply asked if you were under 400'
3. You launched into a tyrade at me (sound familiar to anyone?), outraged that i would dare ask you a question. In your abusive rant, you made it clear you do not understand the 400' rule, amongst other things.
4. Your reaction piqued my interest and suspicions. So I did some investigating, because I was bored and I care about air safety and would like to see cowboys such as yourself removed from airspace, for everyone's benefit.
5. I discovered that you had definitely hit the 400' mark in altitude. I also noticed the footage was in a densely populated city, which meant there were likely to be helipads nearby (in my city, I cannot fly without prior approval from the Authorities, precisely due to heli activity. The same is the case in most large Western cities.)
6. I asked you, reasonably, if you were certain of the "about 385' " altitude you claimed, as well as about the helis.
7. Your response was again abusive, claiming there was "nothing" in the area. No helis, no helipads, no people.
8. Now the people one was clearly a lie from the outset. But of much greater concern was that when I checked, I discovered not only that there were about 5-6 heli pads within a mile of you, but that one of them was your State Capitol Building helipad... oh my.
9. A little more checking and voila! It turns out you were 3.5 miles from the International Airport... uh oh!
10. I gave you multiple chances to calm down and be an adult about it. But, true to form, you could not help but continue to be abusive and reckless in your attitude to both the rules and the FAA.
11. You directly invited me to report you. I had no choice really, I could not live with myself if I had left it be at this point, an later found out you had caused an incident. So I did the right thing. My conscience is clear. No doubt you will say yours is too. Thats' lovely for you :)

Face it buddy, you have a hot temper, and a lack of respect for the rules, and it clearly gets you into more trouble than its' worth. I'm sorry I had to report you, but simply put, you are not right for this industry. Stick to helmet cams and websites buddy :)

Last edited:
Stop it nexxypoo. You're reaching and frankly embarrassing yourself. The only picture you're painting is that you are butt hurt and a troublemaker. Go back and re-read that thread. I called you the Internet Police (oh the horror!) and you unraveled to point of name calling, ultimatums, and reporting me to the FAA???

FYI - for years the Jordan River Model Port was located within a 1-2 miles of the airport. They had a 400ft ceiling in place. Then they built a regional sports complex in it's place and the new proposed RC model port is 4.5 miles away from the nearest airport runway. As well, the local drone club holds races in a park well within a 3 mile radius of the airport. What do all these locations, including mine, have in common? They aren't anywhere near the flight path of the airport! You're just a butt hurt anonymous troublemaker doing more harm to the community than good.

...yeah because its' all about the flight path, not the distance from the aerodrome. You keep reinforcing my opinion that you have NFI what the rules are and why they are in place. I'm glad I don't fly into your city regularly.
Hopefully, if/when the FAA do investigate you, they read all these posts in which you make it clear you don't know how to fly safely.
Grow up little man.

You keep insisting I launched into a tirade when it's perfectly clear you are the one that's in a tirade. I said thank you and then asked if you were the internet police with a winky. Now you are the one flinging poo all over this forum and supposedly attempting to disrupt a man doing on honest days work trying to put food on the table for his family. Don't take the internet so seriously.

Note: I fly very safely. So much my kids don't like going out with me anymore.

You keep insisting I launched into a tirade when it's perfectly clear you are the one that's in a tirade. I said thank you and then asked if you were the internet police with a winky. Now you are the one flinging poo all over this forum and supposedly attempting to disrupt a man doing on honest days work trying to put food on the table for his family. Don't take the internet so seriously.
Mate, if you are just "doing an honest days work" then you have nothing to worry about.
I have nothing against your family. This is about you. :)

Mate, if you are just "doing an honest days work" then you have nothing to worry about.
I have nothing against your family. This is about you. :)

Actually, it's more about YOU getting your feelings hurt and going on a tirade after I (as the kids would say) pwned your ass in my other thread, which you deserved. Hopefully you've had some time to chill out and please stop posting in my threads. You're not welcome.

Actually, it's more about YOU getting your feelings hurt and going on a tirade after I (as the kids would say) pwned your ass in my other thread, which you deserved. Hopefully you've had some time to chill out and please stop posting in my threads. You're not welcome.

Oh no3s! I'm so pwned, you're so 1337. lol what are you a 5 yo?
Relax dude. You're supposed to have blocked me. Please do :)

Reactions: Acroduster

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela