GPS not found

anyone else having GPS issues?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Was on Prince Edward Island (Eastern Canada) on the weekend. We tried to use the solo drone in open areas three different times in three different locations on the Island and found either '0' GPS satellites or in one case '6'. We never had enough to allow take off.

Huge disappointment. Calibrations done and all systems otherwise functioning. Only difference from this and the drone's one previous use was installing the gimbal.

Thoughts?

Was on Prince Edward Island (Eastern Canada) on the weekend. We tried to use the solo drone in open areas three different times in three different locations on the Island and found either '0' GPS satellites or in one case '6'. We never had enough to allow take off.

Huge disappointment. Calibrations done and all systems otherwise functioning. Only difference from this and the drone's one previous use was installing the gimbal.

Thoughts?
I think it might be one of those things....what dosint work today...might work tomorrow!!

If you already did all your level and compass calibration and nothing els is working to fix your GPS... Try it again tomorrow and see if you get the same results! Sometimes it could be something it the air that the Solo dosint like..

Unless you've been having this problem Daily...then it might be a problem!

Just a thought..

Thoughts?
https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2015/Oct/CHLK_15-12_GPS_Flight_Advisory.pdf

Thoughts?
You said you just installed the gimbal? Maybe you need to recheck all your connections. Make sure everything is connected...just sayin

I've noticed that the GPS lock on the Solo can be VERY picky. I have a large parking lot behind me office that I like to fly in while I'm learning. At any time before 4:30pm I can never get more then 3 or 4 satellites no matter how long I wait. After 5pm....9 satellites or more, within 2 or 3 minutes.

It can get frustrating at times.

It can be picky. You have to be out in the open. Lately I have been taking off from my garage concrete driveway due to our dry weather and the dust. After moving it once or twice due to the rebar and magnetic interference I will get a lock but it takes longer. I'm usually about 15' from the garage. Once I get it in the air above the garage I get 14 sats.
Not only do you need a clear view from above but from all sides as well to get a fast lock. The lower your HDOP the more accuracy you will have since it is using sats that are far apart and will result in better triangulation.

Agreed...I've notice that even though 3DR claim that 7 satellites are required to get a lock, the HDOP is far more important. Sometimes I'll have 9 or 10 satellites, but until the HDOP gets into the low 2's or high 1's...it won't allow takeoff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000