GPS acquisition in wooded areas

Reaction score
I recently sold my Phantom V2+ because the GPS would not lock in many/most places I needed to fly.

We live in a wooded area and often I require footage taken lower than the 60-70' tree tops and was unable to trust the Phantom to hold position.

I have heard that Solo may be a little worse in that regard, but it is hearsay.

Is there anyone with first hand knowledge of how Solo stacks up with other competitors or might live in the Clemson SC area that I could meet with?

I recently sold my Phantom V2+ because the GPS would not lock in many/most places I needed to fly.

We live in a wooded area and often I require footage taken lower than the 60-70' tree tops and was unable to trust the Phantom to hold position.

I have heard that Solo may be a little worse in that regard, but it is hearsay.

Is there anyone with first hand knowledge of how Solo stacks up with other competitors or might live in the Clemson SC area that I could meet with?
If you are a proficient pilot and can fly in Manual mode, You could take off straight up above you and wait for the controller to announce it has GPS lock. Then fly normally. I have done this in the past when filming a cabin for someone.

If you are a proficient pilot and can fly in Manual mode, You could take off straight up above you and wait for the controller to announce it has GPS lock. Then fly normally. I have done this in the past when filming a cabin for someone.

What is being filmed requires flying below the canopy...... in manual mode trying to film and maintain position and avoid collisions is riskier than I am willing to accept.

Some vendors have both GPS and Glonass to increase the potential of a lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44