Got to see this!

Imagine how sick the pilot and pass. would be if that were a real helo! Ha. I've been flying R/C for over 45 years and it always amazes me to see one of these guys doing this kind of routine. I can't even imagine where his focus is or whether his head is in cockpit... right / left / up / down all so dynamic. Too fast for me. You have to crash a lot to get that good.

The skill and precision of the pilot are phenomenal, and the mechanical performance of the heli is amazing, but I just find this type of flying utterly bizarre. I'm not in any way knocking the pilot, it's just that the flying looks so dang unnatural.

And I'd be scared to death to be standing next to that thing flying like that. Someone once showed me a photo of a guy who lost control of a heli not even that powerful and chopped the top of his own head off.

...And I'd be scared to death to be standing next to that thing flying like that. Someone once showed me a photo of a guy who lost control of a heli not even that powerful and chopped the top of his own head off.
Pictures, or it didn't happen... :eek:

That flying demo is sick! The pilot has been flying for awhile, and it sure shows. That rc heli was like a supernatural, alcohol infused dragonfly. It was very eye opening. Thanks for sharing.

Pictures, or it didn't happen... :eek:

So as not to unnecessarily disgust anyone, just do a Google image search for Roman Pirozek and you'll come across the photo. Not quite chopped off, but close enough to not really matter.

I wouldn't be standing anywhere near there. That's an amazing performance of a flying lawnmower...

The skill and precision of the pilot are phenomenal, and the mechanical performance of the heli is amazing, but I just find this type of flying utterly bizarre. I'm not in any way knocking the pilot, it's just that the flying looks so dang unnatural.

And I'd be scared to death to be standing next to that thing flying like that. Someone once showed me a photo of a guy who lost control of a heli not even that powerful and chopped the top of his own head off.
I wouldn't be scared to stand with the pilot, but I agree with the overall style of flying being very un-natural. I started RC in 83' flying Helis and in the mid to late 80s was sponsored by one of the 2 major manufacturers. Our goal at the time was about smooth flying and precision and can still be seen in the FAI world championships. I was never able to wrap my head around the 3D style flying, but the skill of the pilots is amazing.

I wouldn't be scared to stand with the pilot.

I'd be apprehensive not as much of a mistake from the pilot, but a possible mechanical failure of the heli. Those things must experience huge stresses flying like that, and all it would take is a small failure for that thing to go wildly out of control.

This is more my speed, it's pretty much the exact opposite of 3D heli flying in every possible way! I wouldn't be afraid to stand next to that! :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There was a guy at my RC club in PA (Valley Forge RC) and he would do this and utterly amaze us. This is going back about 7 years ago and I'm pretty sure it was a gas engine. How someone can gain that kind of mental orientation and eye-hand coordination is beyond me. I have trouble tying my shoes and I've been practicing that a while!

I trip over my own feet on flat level paved ground. I don't have the coordination or concentration for this kind of ac----- look a squirrel!

Reactions: Perry Lawrence
Pictures, or it didn't happen...
It was in NY a couple years ago. I remember it in the news. This guy was an experienced 3D RC helo pilot. I wouldn't trust being close to these either, it is stressing the material/design to the max, even if you discount human error. Article -http://nypost.com/2013/09/05/man-decapitated-by-remote-controlled-toy-helicopter/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc