Got my Solo also today, no live feed through GPro silver?

Need to test to verify but from observations this weekend with mine for the first time. When using hero4 silver if the touch screen is active then the hdmi output was not. Only when my 1min timeout for touchscreen happened did the hdmi feed kick in. It could be it only outputs to one 'display' at a time.

I have a older Solo that I have been flying with a Go Pro 3 (not 3+) and it seemed to work just fine. I took advantage of the Best Buy package a few months ago and just recently set it up to fly. I downloaded the latest drivers and put my Go Pro 3 in the gimbal. The setup only gives me the 3+ and both 4s as camera options.

When I get everything set up to fly, I get horizontal bars of different colors and widths. No image. When I elevate and lower the gimbal I get movement on the bars but no image.

Why would the 3 work on the older Solo and not the more recent one? Is there a change in the firmware that prevents use of the 3?

I've ordered a 4 black that should be here in a week. It will be interesting to see what happens on the newer Solo. It's either a problem with the feed or just a compatibility issue of the older versus the newer Solo.

Any comments or help greatly appreciated.

My GoPro 3 will start when I put the battery on the solo, but cannot be controlled by the app. I need to manually put it into record before takeoff. You need a 3+ to control it from the app

Ok, thanks for the reply. I did turn the camera on and have it set for the desired mode the same as with my older Solo, but the video feed on the Android is the bars mentioned above.

When I get everything set up to fly, I get horizontal bars of different colors and widths. No image. When I elevate and lower the gimbal I get movement on the bars but no image.

Ok, first I am using a 3+ Black, so not apples to apples but I did have this exact same issue. I could not control the camera via the app so I updated the gopro's firmware to the latest version. That is when I got the bars. I removed the battery from the drone. I removed the gopro from the gimbal and removed the battery and card from the gopro. I rebooted both the controller and the tablet. Then put everything back together. Also I double checked that my video resolution was not set too high. 1080p, Protune off, FPS 60, Field of View Medium (mine had been set to wide). Wifi off. Color Correction No.

I then seated everything firmly and turned it all on. Then I had to turn it all off again and put in the SD card because I'm an idiot. BUT THEN I turned it all back on and Bob's your uncle! Ok, in my case I do actually have an Uncle Bob but still.

Hi Redrex,
I still have been unable to get the 3 black to work with my Solo. It seems to be a coincidence that it developed the problem after a update. I wish I could go back to the older setup. I had no control over mode but I did get great videos.

Hi Redrex,
I still have been unable to get the 3 black to work with my Solo. It seems to be a coincidence that it developed the problem after a update. I wish I could go back to the older setup. I had no control over mode but I did get great videos.

There are ways to roll back gopro firmware updates. I just saw someone commenting on this the other day for similar reasons (stopped working with his drone). BTW the official line from GoPro is that you can't/shouldn't but it seems more of a combo of covering their #### and screwing with people who use 3rd party batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421