Got my Solo also today, no live feed through GPro silver?

Reaction score
So I got everything setup and connected. I updated it as well via through the solo app. I had also purchased a Gimbal and made sure everything was connected properly. When I turn everything on and it says everything is connected and hit "let's fly" or whatever that is, I do not have a live feed whatsoever. Does the live feed only kick in when you take off? I figured since I was putting it together in my office, I would see a live feed soon as everything is connected. I read through the directions 10 times but am I missing something? I made sure the HDMI cable and everything is also secure. Thanks and looking forward to my first flight!

What GoPro are you using & what firmware is on it ???

Include your system specs in your signature.....

So I got everything setup and connected. I updated it as well via through the solo app. I had also purchased a Gimbal and made sure everything was connected properly. When I turn everything on and it says everything is connected and hit "let's fly" or whatever that is, I do not have a live feed whatsoever. Does the live feed only kick in when you take off? I figured since I was putting it together in my office, I would see a live feed soon as everything is connected. I read through the directions 10 times but am I missing something? I made sure the HDMI cable and everything is also secure. Thanks and looking forward to my first flight!
First off, have you downloaded the Solo manual, and reviewed it? If not, that is where you need to start. If you are using a GoPro 3, you have to power on the camera manually before getting live feed. If you are using a 4 Silver or Black, what firmware you are on will determine if the camera powers on with Solo. Hope this helps, and welcome aboard.

Reactions: scubanut2014
What GoPro are you using & what firmware is on it ???

Include your system specs in your signature.....
First off, have you downloaded the Solo manual, and reviewed it? If not, that is where you need to start. If you are using a GoPro 3, you have to power on the camera manually before getting live feed. If you are using a 4 Silver or Black, what firmware you are on will determine if the camera powers on with Solo. Hope this helps, and welcome aboard.
Yes I have reviewed the manual and every piece of literature up and including even Youtube videos. I think it was due in fact to having old firmware. Trying this out again.

I know it supports Hero 3+ Silver & Black & the Hero 4 Silver & Black for sure.....
After checking again it does say it supports the 3..... frustrating as a new 3DR owner - I got a smoking deal at Best Buy today on it, 3 extra batteries, and the gimbal but only bought it because I had a GoPro I barely use.

don't give up yet...it is a smoking deal.......I have a Hero 3+ black....works great with Solo.......where did you read that it supports Hero 3 ??? I am sure it does but I would like to read it ....

Updating your GoPro | 3DR Site Scan - Commercial Drone Platform

Another read for you
Here you go Solo Specs: Just the facts so it says the standard hookup supports GoPro 3. However, the Gimbal supports the GoPro 3+ and up. I agree, it was a smoking deal. Literally got the Solo for 260, batteries for $31 due to an accessory bundle deal, and the gimble for less than $40. I feel though if I have to buy an upgraded GoPro to utilize as a viewer even for this, that puts me up to a Phantom. Downfall to Phantoms is the battery cost is ridiculous. I'm sitting on 4 batteries with my Solo!

You will have a better machine than the Phantom 3....just go with a Hero3+ black or Hero4...sell the Hero 3......

The Solo is solid ......when dialed in.....they are a neat looking drone in the air.....

you can try your Hero 3 with the fixed mount to see if it works.....but it defeats the purpose of the gimbal......I just don't think your Hero3 is compatible with the gimbal....

You will get limited functions with the GoPro 3 Silver. Some people only get video feed. For use of camera functions, you need a minimum of the Hero 3+ Black, or the 4 Silver or Black.

So I got everything setup and connected. I updated it as well via through the solo app. I had also purchased a Gimbal and made sure everything was connected properly. When I turn everything on and it says everything is connected and hit "let's fly" or whatever that is, ...Thanks and looking forward to my first flight!

To determine if the issue is in the camera, try this.
Connect your GoPro to a TV with an HDMI input using the correct HDMI cable.
Verify you are getting live video on your TV after turning on the camera.

If still no video, then time for a newer version of GoPro camera. :)

I use the 4Black usually but when I'm flying both solos I use the 3 silver or black and both work with the gimbal. You just have to power on the GP choose your settings and start recording before putting it in your solo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea