GoPro with gimbal

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very new to all of this and from Sweden so i hope you understand my English :)
I recently bought a 3dr solo but the gimbal was out of stock so I'm waiting for it.
My question is when i use my gimbal is it possible to record a video without saving it to my camera roll and straight to the GoPro memory?
Now without my gimbal I can't start recording when i try to record without saving to the camera roll, also I think the quality is much better when you record directly to the GoPro.
Hope you understood my question.

//Gualberto

Last edited:
Hi Gualberto- welcome to the forum!
Once you install the gimbal you can always record to the GoPro. There is an option in the Solo app that allows you to turn recording to your mobile device (phone or pad) on or off.
The video on the GoPro is always the best quality. The video feed from Solo during flight comes via wifi at only 720p. Same if you record to your mobile device.
Check out page 45 of the users manual which you can download here: User Manual | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology

Din engelska är bra!

Last edited:
Hi Maddog-
Thank you for your answer, i will check the manual out.
I will get my gimbal in a couple of days, and it feels like a new world will open when I fly with that instead :)

Hi Maddog-
Thank you for your answer, i will check the manual out.
I will get my gimbal in a couple of days, and it feels like a new world will open when I fly with that instead :)
Yes, there is no comparison between video shot with & without the gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo