GoPro wifi

Reaction score
At one time when I set the wifi on my 3+ the next time I booted it up the wifi also
was setup. Now every time I fly I have to remove the camera and turn the GoPro wifi back on in the camera menu. Not via the wifi button on the side. It's a no no to use that wifi. This wifi has something to do with the Solo gimgle I think? I have changed the default startup from Photo M to Video N. Could that have something to do with my issue?

... Now every time I fly I have to remove the camera and turn the GoPro wifi back on in the camera menu.

Why are you turning it ON? It should be OFF. Solo User Manual: "Make sure the Wi-Fi on your GoPro® is turned OFF. Otherwise, it can interfere with Solo’s communication signals and cause unexpected behavior." (page 10)

Sorry I didn't make it clear enough re the wifi. The wifi I refer to is in the GoPro menu not the wifi that is activated by the button on the side of the GoPro. There are several choices in the GoPro menu. Can't rember 1st one but 2nd is wifi RC, 3rd is GoPro app, I think last one is Cancel. What should I use?

The GoPro setting should not matter. It should be off, as Joe said.

Sorry I didn't make it clear enough re the wifi. The wifi I refer to is in the GoPro menu not the wifi that is activated by the button on the side of the GoPro. There are several choices in the GoPro menu. Can't rember 1st one but 2nd is wifi RC, 3rd is GoPro app, I think last one is Cancel. What should I use?

You want the first choice, which is OFF.

Thank you guys for the help. I finally got my head screwed on correctly and life is good once again.

Reactions: Joe Horn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea