GoPro settings while in flight "coming soon"?

Reaction score
Just got my gimbal today and realized, sure I can start/stop video or take photo's while in flight now, if I set the gopro to those modes on the ground. <rant>I was expecting much more control via the app over the GoPro, guess I haven't learned my lesson yet. According to the in app support about which GoPro's are supported, these things are coming soon.... I'm so tired of waiting for the things I bought this drone for. </rant>

It is frustrating because 3DR did not just come out and say, Hey the gimbal/Solo integration is still crippled. It literally took me a few days to get a solid answer that the only feature currently available is start/stop recording.

Sad stuff, but I'm thinking that its not critical to functionality. Now, radio connectivity and vibration isolation for the camera..... those are some issues.

Its critical as I want to take still photos and right now it requires that I start recording and hover in position for 5 seconds at a time to get those shots.

Even being able to switch modes while in flight would be a big deal. I don't really need all the other settings at this time.

I've only had a couple of flights with the gimbal now, but I have noticed a large decrease in flight time with it. I use to get 18-21 minutes of flight time, I am now getting 13-14 minutes. I'll probably create a new thread about this if I keep seeing it. This is way lower than I was expecting.

It's now charging your GoPro battery as well. Start with a full gp battery. If you only start it in the air when ready for your shots you should reduce the flight time drop. It's still a drop though. There is a thread on it, still feels like it needs more input

Thanks, I did run across the other thread about the battery issue. :) Happy to see I'm not alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle